- AberdeenPlatform 3 estimated05:48AberdeenPlatform 3 estimated08:24Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated08:52Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated12:32WolverhamptonPlatform 4 estimated12:42WolverhamptonPlatform 3 estimated15:42Southampton CentralPlatform 4 estimatedSouthampton CentralPlatform 4 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- AberdeenPlatform 4 estimated06:38AberdeenPlatform 4 estimated09:11Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 2 estimated09:11Glasgow Queen Street10:00Glasgow Central10:00Glasgow CentralPlatform 4 estimated13:33WolverhamptonPlatform 4 estimated13:42WolverhamptonPlatform 3 estimated16:43Southampton CentralPlatform 4 estimatedSouthampton CentralPlatform 4 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- AberdeenPlatform 6S estimated07:07AberdeenPlatform 6S estimated09:31Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated10:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 5 estimated14:39London Kings CrossPlatform 5 estimated14:39London Kings Cross15:35London Waterloo15:35London WaterlooPlatform 10 estimated16:49Southampton CentralPlatform 4 estimatedSouthampton CentralPlatform 4 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- AberdeenPlatform 6S estimated07:07AberdeenPlatform 6S estimated09:31Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated10:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 5 estimated11:27NewcastlePlatform 4 estimated11:35NewcastlePlatform 12 estimated17:17Southampton CentralPlatform 2B estimatedSouthampton CentralPlatform 2B estimatedSuper Off Peak
- AberdeenPlatform 5 estimated07:52AberdeenPlatform 5 estimated14:50London Kings CrossPlatform 3 estimated14:50London Kings Cross16:05London Waterloo16:05London WaterlooPlatform 11 estimated17:21Southampton CentralPlatform 4 estimatedSouthampton CentralPlatform 4 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- AberdeenPlatform 4 estimated08:20AberdeenPlatform 4 estimated13:38YorkPlatform 5 estimated14:06YorkPlatform 3 estimated16:08London Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimated16:08London Kings Cross17:05London Waterloo17:05London WaterlooPlatform 9 estimated18:17Southampton CentralPlatform 4 estimatedSouthampton CentralPlatform 4 estimatedPeak
Journey information from Aberdeen to Southampton
- Train Fares from: £52
- Fastest route:
- Slowest route:
- Average journey time:
- Changes: 1 to 4
Travelling from Aberdeen to Southampton by train
You will find an at-seat catering service on most ScotRail trains, serving hot and cold drinks and light snacks for your journey across Scotland. If you are travelling in First Class, you’ll get a free hot or soft drink and a sweet or savoury snack for the journey. You can also buy refreshments from the trolley service. Free WiFi is provided on the route from Aberdeen to Edinburgh Haymarket, where we advise you to stop and change to an Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains) service.
All London North Eastern Railway (LNER) services feature a buffet car called The Foodbar, usually located either in coach J or H. Here, you can purchase hot and cold food and drink throughout the day. On most journeys, you'll also find a full drinks menu and an at-seat trolley service. If you travel in First Class, the food and drink are complimentary but subject to availability.
Quiet coaches are available on most Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains). Noise must be kept to a minimum, with restrictions on mobile phone calls.
Most CrossCountry trains offer WiFi on board. There's a small fee for those in Standard, while the service is complimentary in First Class. A catering service is available between 06:00 and 20:00 on this particular route. You can also take your bike with you free of charge, but we advise you to book a space in advance.
Route Information from Aberdeen to Southampton
Starting your journey from Aberdeen, you'll travel through Scotland and the North West of England, where you'll be blown away by the outstanding natural beauty of the Lake District, the Peak District and the Yorkshire Dales. Make sure you grab a window seat and have your camera ready to capture some stunning shots.
After taking the train from Wolverhampton, you'll head towards to the South East of England and stop at Oxford, the home of the oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of the fastest growing and most diverse cities in the UK.
A few stops later and you'll find yourself in Winchester, with the chance to admire the South Downs National Park, one of many stunning green attractions en route to Southampton.
Things to do in Southampton
There's plenty to see and do in Southampton, from fabulous art galleries and museums to miles of shops. Whatever your mood, this port city has an activity or attraction that's right for you.
The Tudor House and Garden is Southampton's most important historic building, encompassing over 900 years of history. Located in Southampton's Old Town, you'll learn all you need to know about the life of the former residents of the house through free audio guides.
If you're an art lover, don't miss your chance to visit the Southampton City Art Gallery, which tells you the story of western art from the Renaissance period to the present day. Its main focus is on the 20th century and British contemporary art, but new exhibitions are always introduced in order to ensure that the visitor has a different experience with each visit.
Last but not least, visit the SS Shieldhall, the largest working steam ship in Britain. Here you'll experience the golden age of steam and learn more about the life of the people connected with the ship, which now represents a tribute to Britain's maritime heritage.
How long does it take to travel from Aberdeen to Southampton by train?
The average journey time between Aberdeen and Southampton is . On an average weekday, there are 12 trains travelling from Aberdeen to Southampton. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
What is the fastest journey from Aberdeen to Southampton by train?
The fastest journey time by train is .
How much does the train from Aberdeen to Southampton cost?
Train tickets from Aberdeen to Southampton can start from as little as £52 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book.
Are there direct trains from Aberdeen to Southampton?
No, it is not possible to travel from Aberdeen to Southampton without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Aberdeen to Southampton.No direct trains possible
What is the distance between Aberdeen and Southampton?
The distance between Aberdeen and Southampton is 432 miles.Distance: 432 miles
What time is the first train from Aberdeen to Southampton?
The first train from Aberdeen to Southampton departs at .
What time is the last train from Aberdeen to Southampton?
The last train from Aberdeen to Southampton departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from Southampton to Aberdeen.