- departedLondon Euston12:05London Euston14:41Preston (Lancs)Platform 615:08Preston (Lancs)Platform 3 estimated16:16CarlislePlatform 3 estimated16:30Carlisle18:45Glasgow Centralon timeGlasgow CentralOff Peak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 6 estimated12:30London Kings CrossPlatform 6 estimated17:08Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 6 estimated18:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimated18:46Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 3 estimated18:46Glasgow Queen Street19:01Glasgow CentralGlasgow CentralOff Peak
- on timeLondon Euston12:32London Euston17:06CarlislePlatform 1 estimated17:30Carlisle19:25Glasgow Centralon timeGlasgow CentralOff Peak
- on timeLondon Euston13:08London Euston15:41Preston (Lancs)Platform 5 estimated15:53Preston (Lancs)Platform 3 estimated17:06CarlislePlatform 1 estimated17:30Carlisle19:25Glasgow Centralon timeGlasgow CentralOff Peak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 2 estimated14:00London Kings CrossPlatform 2 estimated18:20Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 19 estimated18:35Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 13 estimated19:10LarbertPlatform 2 estimated19:20LarbertPlatform 1 estimated19:42Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 3 estimated19:42Glasgow Queen Street19:57Glasgow CentralGlasgow CentralOff Peak
Journey information from London to Glasgow Central
- Train Fares from: £27
- Fastest route:
- Slowest route:
- Average journey time:
- Changes: Direct
London to Glasgow by First Class train
For cheap First Class train tickets from London to Glasgow, make sure to book your tickets in advance with us. You’ll travel direct to your destination in around 4h 30m on the faster Avanti West Coast services, but when you’re travelling First Class, you’ll wish it was longer! As well as bigger, comfier seats, you can also look forward to the following perks:
- Tables at every seat, meaning you can eat, drink and work with ease
- Fast and complimentary WiFi
- Power sockets at every seat, so you can stay charged while on the go
- Complimentary food and drink
- Access to exclusive First Class lounges at London Euston and Glasgow Central (on the return journey)
You should always book your tickets in advance to maximise savings, but bear in mind that on rare occasions First Class tickets can be cheaper than Standard tickets, so make sure to check the prices of both before you commit.
A review of London to Glasgow by train
One of the most popular routes on the Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains) network is London Euston to Glasgow Central. Taking a little over 4 hours, this service takes passengers out of London Euston station, passing through stations such as Preston, Warrington and Carlisle along the way. With a journey distance of 412 miles, London to Glasgow no longer has to be a daunting drive or time-consuming flight.
The train journey is typically served by a Pendolino, offering speed and smooth ride, while also incorporating comfortable seats and plenty of window space to see the fantastic views as you enter Scotland. There is a buffet carriage available on the train, serving hot and cold drinks and food, along with alcoholic beverages and plenty of snacks to keep you going.
If you are using London Euston for the first time, it is a very easy station to find your way around and use. Toilets are situated at the far end of the station beyond platform one, and costs 30p to use. Don’t worry, there are change machines there for you if you don’t have those 10p’s! The departure board is hard to miss, and you will see it high above platforms 10-13, with train departure times typically for the next 40 minutes, with all stops and train information listed for each one. The ticket office is found in the corner of the station behind the London Underground entrance. There are ticket machines to use, as well as plenty of windows if you require extra assistance with buying your ticket. If you arrive in plenty of time and want a bite to eat, there are a number of food and drink options for you to choose from. From fast food to sit down meals, there is something for everyone here, as well as a number of coffee shops if all you need is a quick fix.Arriving at Glasgow Central
Glasgow Central station is situated in the heart of the city centre and is just a short walk to the shops and Glasgow Queens Street station if you need to connect to another train. Glasgow Central train station has 17 platforms, which includes 2 on a separate lower level. The station has 3 separate ticket offices, along with machines situated near each one. There are also a few boutique stores inside the station, so if you left anything in London or want to buy something as a memento as you leave, there is plenty of choice inside the station.
One thing to remember is that if you use a cash machine, the money will look very different to that in the rest of the UK. Don’t panic, it is still British pounds, and you can use it anywhere in the UK.Things to do in Glasgow
Glasgow offers a great deal of diversity when it comes to attractions. If you are visiting to see the local culture, then the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is a must-see. Furthermore, the Glasgow Cathedral is great to take in some history of the city. If you are there to see an Old Firm Derby between Rangers and Celtic, Ibrox and Celtic Park stadium are just short bus trips from Glasgow Central Station.
Find out more information about how to buy cheap train tickets to Glasgow.
How long does it take to travel from London to Glasgow Central by train?
The average journey time between London and Glasgow Central is . On an average weekday, there are 32 trains travelling from London to Glasgow Central. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
What is the fastest journey from London to Glasgow Central by train?
The fastest journey time by train is .
How much does the train from London to Glasgow Central cost?
Train tickets from London to Glasgow Central can start from as little as £27 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book.
Are there direct trains from London to Glasgow Central?
Yes, it is possible to travel from London to Glasgow Central without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from London to Glasgow Central.Direct
What is the distance between London and Glasgow Central?
The distance between London and Glasgow Central is 345 miles.Distance: 345 miles
What time is the first train from London to Glasgow Central?
The first train from London to Glasgow Central departs at .
What time is the last train from London to Glasgow Central?
The last train from London to Glasgow Central departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from Glasgow Central to London.