- expected to depart atBirmingham New StreetPlatform 6on timeGlasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimated0 changesPeak
- expected to depart atBirmingham New StreetPlatform 8B19:31Birmingham New StreetPlatform 8B20:59Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 4 estimated21:22Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 14 estimated00:53Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedon timeGlasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedPeak
- on timeBirmingham New StreetPlatform 4C19:36Birmingham New StreetPlatform 4C20:30CrewePlatform 1120:43CrewePlatform 621:31Preston (Lancs)Platform 621:42Preston (Lancs)Platform 3 estimated00:05Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedon timeGlasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedPeak
- on timeBirmingham New StreetPlatform 7B estimated22:30Birmingham New StreetPlatform 7B estimated00:11Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 7 estimated04:25Manchester Piccadilly05:25Preston (Lancs)05:40Preston (Lancs)Platform 3 estimated08:20Glasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedPeak
- on timeBirmingham New StreetPlatform 5B estimated23:09Birmingham New StreetPlatform 5B estimated00:22CrewePlatform 11 estimated00:44CrewePlatform 1 estimated01:28Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 3 estimated04:25Manchester Piccadilly05:25Preston (Lancs)05:40Preston (Lancs)Platform 3 estimated08:20Glasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedPeak
- on timeBirmingham New StreetPlatform 5B estimated23:09Birmingham New StreetPlatform 5B estimated00:22CrewePlatform 11 estimated05:57CrewePlatform 12 estimated09:12Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedPeak
- on timeBirmingham New StreetPlatform 2 estimated06:15Birmingham New StreetPlatform 2 estimated09:00CarlislePlatform 1 estimated09:14CarlislePlatform 1 estimated10:39Glasgow CentralPlatform 4 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 4 estimatedPeak
- on timeBirmingham New StreetPlatform 9B estimated06:57Birmingham New StreetPlatform 9B estimated07:29StaffordPlatform 5 estimated07:34StaffordPlatform 3 estimated10:59Glasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedPeak
- Birmingham New StreetPlatform 5 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimated0 changesPeak
- Birmingham New StreetPlatform 2 estimated07:21Birmingham New StreetPlatform 2 estimated09:09Preston (Lancs)Platform 4 estimated09:41Preston (Lancs)Platform 4 estimated11:59Glasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedPeak
Travelling from Birmingham to Glasgow by train
There's a direct train route from Birmingham to Glasgow serviced by Virgin Trains.
Depending on the date and time of travel, you can either travel with Virgin Trains, CrossCountry or TransPennine Express.
All the Virgin West Coast Trains on this line come with a power socket seat on request, a buffet cart or carriage and a Quiet Coach. There's complimentary WiFi when sat in First Class, and a small fee to pay for those in Standard.
CrossCountry trains all come with a First Class option. There's a buffet car on most trains, if not, then there will be a buffet cart providing at-seat service. Most CrossCountry trains on this route feature a Quiet Coach and there's free WiFi if you travel in First Class (WiFi can be purchased for a small fee if you're seated in Standard).
All TransPennine Express trains offer free WiFi as standard for all classes. There's also First Class seating available on this service, where you receive complimentary refreshments, bigger seats and power sockets if you need to get some work done.
Route information from Birmingham to Glasgow
The train from Birmingham to Glasgow takes you through the heart of England, crossing the Yorkshire Dales National Park and Lake district, before heading to Southern Scotland. So, make sure to have your camera at the ready and grab a window seat for some amazing shots.
Things to do in Glasgow
A city that's home to so many exciting attractions, one of your first stops should be the Glasgow Botanic Gardens – a beautiful collection of plant life and glasshouses. You'll also be impressed by the majesty of Pollok Country Park, where you can discover a Sylvan wonderland with a grand country house that holds the UK’s finest Spanish art collection.
For those eager to discover history and culture, one of the best options is the stunning Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, one of the most popular art temples of Scotland thanks to its unique and varied collections, ranging from dinosaurs to Dutch Masters.
How long does it take to travel from Birmingham to Glasgow by train?
The average journey time between Birmingham and Glasgow is . The fastest journey time is . On an average weekday, there are 13 trains per day travelling from Birmingham to Glasgow. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
Are there direct trains from Birmingham to Glasgow?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Birmingham to Glasgow without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Birmingham to Glasgow.Direct
What is the distance between Birmingham and Glasgow?
The distance between Birmingham and Glasgow is 252 miles.Distance: 252 miles
What time is the first train from Birmingham to Glasgow?
The first train from Birmingham to Glasgow departs at .
What time is the last train from Birmingham to Glasgow?
The last train from Birmingham to Glasgow departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
Savings tips for Birmingham to Glasgow
- If you take this train more than 3 times per week, you may be able save money with a Season Ticket. Find out more and see if you can buy a season ticket for Birmingham to Glasgow here.
- Use a railcard. National Railcards offer up to 1/3 off train tickets and offer great value for money if you travel by train several times a year. Find out more about railcards here.
Find journey information for Glasgow to Birmingham