- on timeGlasgow CentralPlatform 10 estimatedon timeLondon Euston0 changesOff Peak
- on timeGlasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedon timeLondon EustonPlatform 1 estimated0 changesPeak
- on timeGlasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedon timeLondon EustonPlatform 1 estimated0 changesOff Peak
- on timeGlasgow CentralPlatform 4 estimated05:49Glasgow CentralPlatform 4 estimated08:57CrewePlatform 5 estimated09:24CrewePlatform 5 estimated11:02London EustonPlatform 3 estimatedLondon EustonPlatform 3 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeGlasgow CentralPlatform 4 estimatedon timeLondon EustonPlatform 5 estimated0 changesOff Peak
- on timeGlasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedon timeLondon EustonPlatform 1 estimated0 changesOff Peak
- Glasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedLondon Kings CrossPlatform 3 estimated0 changesOff Peak
- Glasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedLondon EustonPlatform 6 estimated0 changesOff Peak
- Glasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimated08:00Glasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimated10:57CrewePlatform 5 estimated11:22CrewePlatform 5 estimated12:59London EustonPlatform 4 estimatedLondon EustonPlatform 4 estimatedOff Peak
- Glasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedLondon EustonPlatform 16 estimated0 changesOff Peak
Journey information from Glasgow to London
- Train Fares from: £25.00
- Fastest route:
- Slowest route:
- Average journey time:
- Changes: Direct
Want to travel by bus? We also sell National Express bus tickets for Glasgow to London. Make the best choice with all the information at your fingertips. All you have to do is search for your journey and we'll do the legwork for you.
Glasgow to London train times information
Virgin Trains operate a direct service to London Euston from Glasgow Central which takes just under four and half hours. Virgin Trains East Coast run a slower service which takes around 6 hours. Otherwise Glasgow to London travellers can take an indirect route every 2 hours and hop on a Virgin Train at Crewe, with a total journey time of approximately 5 hours.
Virgin Trains offer a range of snacks, drinks, newspapers and magazines at their on-board shop, while first class passengers can receive at-seat dining.
If you travel with Virgin Trains East Coast, breakfast options will be available until 10 am for first class and the café bar stocks a number of sandwiches and snacks for all passengers.*Information correct at time of writing (March 2011). May be subject to change
How long does it take to travel from Glasgow to London by train?
The average journey time between Glasgow and London is . The fastest journey time is . On an average weekday, there are 23 trains per day travelling from Glasgow to London. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
Are there direct trains from Glasgow to London?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Glasgow to London without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Glasgow to London.Direct
What is the distance between Glasgow and London?
The distance between Glasgow and London is 345 miles.Distance: 345 miles
What time is the first train from Glasgow to London?
The first train from Glasgow to London departs at .
What time is the last train from Glasgow to London?
The last train from Glasgow to London departs at .First trainLast trainSleeper services may be available on some trains. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
Savings tips for Glasgow to London
- If you take this train more than 3 times per week, you may be able save money with a Season Ticket. Find out more and see if you can buy a season ticket for Glasgow to London here.
- Use a railcard. National Railcards offer up to 1/3 off train tickets and offer great value for money if you travel by train several times a year. Find out more about railcards here.
Find journey information for London to Glasgow