- Manchester VictoriaPlatform 5 estimated09:26Manchester VictoriaPlatform 5 estimated10:09Wigan WallgatePlatform 1 estimated10:09Wigan Wallgate10:44Wigan North Western10:44Wigan North WesternPlatform 5 estimated13:22Glasgow CentralPlatform 6 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 6 estimatedOff Peak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 14 estimated10:26Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 14 estimated12:17CarlislePlatform 3 estimated12:53CarlislePlatform 3 estimated14:04Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedOff Peak
- Manchester VictoriaPlatform 5 estimated11:25Manchester VictoriaPlatform 5 estimated12:09Wigan WallgatePlatform 1 estimated12:09Wigan Wallgate12:25Wigan North Western12:25Wigan North WesternPlatform 5 estimated15:05Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedOff Peak
- Manchester VictoriaPlatform 4 estimated12:31Manchester VictoriaPlatform 4 estimated14:14CarlislePlatform 3 estimated14:53CarlislePlatform 3 estimated16:06Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedOff Peak
- Manchester VictoriaPlatform 5 estimated13:25Manchester VictoriaPlatform 5 estimated14:09Wigan WallgatePlatform 1 estimated14:09Wigan Wallgate14:25Wigan North Western14:25Wigan North WesternPlatform 5 estimated17:00Glasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedOff Peak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 14 estimated14:48Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 14 estimated15:32Preston (Lancs)Platform 5 estimated15:43Preston (Lancs)Platform 4 estimated18:02Glasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedOff Peak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 14 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 6 estimated0 changesOff Peak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 14 estimated16:48Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 14 estimated17:17Wigan North WesternPlatform 5 estimated17:22Wigan North WesternPlatform 5 estimated20:02Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedOff Peak
- Manchester VictoriaPlatform 5 estimated17:25Manchester VictoriaPlatform 5 estimated18:09Wigan WallgatePlatform 1 estimated18:09Wigan Wallgate18:27Wigan North Western18:27Wigan North WesternPlatform 5 estimated21:04Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedOff Peak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 14 estimated17:38Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 14 estimated17:58Warrington CentralPlatform 2 estimated17:58Warrington Central18:27Warrington Bank Quay18:27Warrington Bank QuayPlatform 3 estimated18:37Wigan North WesternPlatform 5 estimated18:43Wigan North WesternPlatform 5 estimated21:33Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedGlasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimatedOff Peak
Journey information from Manchester to Glasgow
- Train Fares from: £12.50
- Fastest route:
- Slowest route:
- Average journey time:
- Changes: Direct
- Trains per day: Around 32
- Distance: 183 miles (295 km)
- Train operators: TransPennine Express
- Origin: Manchester
- Destination: Glasgow
Taking the train from Manchester to Glasgow
Take the train from Manchester to Glasgow, and you'll be soaking up the Scottish Lowlands less than three and a half hours later on the fastest services. Sit back, relax, and take in the view as you fly up through the beautiful countryside in Cumbria and Lancashire to Glasgow Central Station, situated right in the heart of the city centre.
If you’re travelling direct, it’s likely to be a TransPennine Express train, where you’ll find a range of services on board, including free WiFi, plenty of space to store luggage, and power sockets to charge your devices. First Class passengers can even enjoy a complementary in-seat refreshment service, as well as extra space to stretch your legs. If your journey requires a change along the way, you’ll likely to be swapping to an Avanti West Coast service for the second leg. Another advantage of the train over the car us that there's no need to find car parking either - simply hop off the train at Glasgow Central Station and start sight-seeing right away. Glasgow Modern Art Gallery is just four minutes' walk from the station; many other attractions and shopping streets are nearby too.
Ready to book? Start browsing ticket prices and train times from Manchester to Glasgow now using our Journey Planner at the top of this page. Looking for more information on the route? Just scroll down for answers to your frequently asked questions, as well as our top tips for finding cheap tickets.
How long does it take to travel from Manchester to Glasgow by train?
The average journey time between Manchester and Glasgow is . On an average weekday, there are 32 trains travelling from Manchester to Glasgow. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
What is the fastest journey from Manchester to Glasgow by train?
The fastest journey time by train is .
How much does the train from Manchester to Glasgow cost?
Train tickets from Manchester to Glasgow can start from as little as £12.50 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book.
Are there direct trains from Manchester to Glasgow?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Manchester to Glasgow without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Manchester to Glasgow.Direct
What is the distance between Manchester and Glasgow?
The distance between Manchester and Glasgow is 183 miles.Distance: 183 miles
What time is the first train from Manchester to Glasgow?
The first train from Manchester to Glasgow departs at .
What time is the last train from Manchester to Glasgow?
The last train from Manchester to Glasgow departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from Glasgow to Manchester.