Station details & facilities
King's Cross station has numerous entrances, but several doors found behind Great Northern Hotel access the main concourse. Avoid the crowds by accessing platforms 1 to 8 via the bridge at the back of the building. Platforms 9a to 11b are also found at the rear of the station. There is a car park just behind King's Cross Train Station accessed via York Road and Goods Way.
Are there toilets at Kings Cross?
Yes. There are toilets in the Upper Mall and at the back of the new concourse.
Can you leave luggage at Kings Cross station?
Yes. By the entrance of Platform 9, there are services to store your luggage.
- Ticket Machine :
- Staff help available : False
Ticket Office opening hours :
The station will remain open until the last train departs.
Day Opening Hours Weekdays 05:00 - 01:36 Saturday 05:00 - 00:36 Sunday 05:30 - 01:36
- Travel card zone : Zone 1
- Oyster Prepay : False
- Oyster topup :
- Oyster validator :
- Left Luggage available :
- Left Luggage phone number : 020 7837 4334
- Left Luggage URL : http://www.left-baggage.co.uk/locations.php
- Lost Property available : False
- Lost Property phone number : 020 8090 9914
- Lost Property URL : http://www.excess-baggage.com/lost_property/lost_property.php
- Postbox : False
- Telephones :
- Telephones type : Coins and cards
Staff Help Notes :
Help is available at the Rail Information Point in the centre of the concourse, station help points or from any member of staff.
Disability assistance is available to and from platforms, the car park and the taxi rank. You can request this from the Kings Cross Information Point in the centre of the Main Concourse, station help points or from any member of staff.
It is preferred if disabled assistance is booked 24hours in advance by using the following numbers of your relevant train operator:
Virgin Trains East Coast - 03457 225 225 [Option 3 then Option 4] textphone 0800 975 1052 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Monday - Saturday 08:00-20:00, Sunday 10:00-20:00
Hull Trains - FREEPHONE 0800 316 1323 or use the booking form on the Hull Trains website
Grand Central - 08440 8110 072
Great Northern - 0800 0582 844
Customer Service Notes :
Help is available at the Rail Information Point in the centre of the Main Concourse.
- Customer help points :
- CCTV :
- Shops available :
- Shops note : Cafes, bars, kiosks, restaurants, delicatessens, confectioners, groceries, food and drink to eat in or take away. clothes, stationery, flowers, photo processing, mobile phones, bureau de change, shoe repairs, key cutting, Pharmacy and prescriptions, optician, fitness, health and beauty services.
- Toilets available :
Toilets description :
The toilets including accessible toilets are located next to platform 9. There also toilets on the Mezzanine Level.
- Showers :
- Baby change :
- Wifi available :
- Wifi notes : Find WiFi Hotspots around London Kings Cross station
- Web kiosk : False
- ATM available :
Bureau de Change
- Bureau de Change :
Carpark opening hours :
Day Opening Hours Weekdays 05:00 - 01:36 Saturday 05:00 - 01:11 Sunday 05:00 - 01:36
- Carpark name : Station Car Park
- Carpark operator : CP Plus
- Car parking spaces : 322
- Cycle storage available :
- Cycle storage spaces : 204
- Sheltered cycle storage :
- Cycle storage CCTV :
Cycle storage location :
Platforms 1, 8 & 9
Cycle storage notes :
- Step-free access : Whole station
Step-free access notes :
There is level access to all platforms. Lifts provided between concourse & Mezzanine and London Underground ticket hall.
- Ramps for train access :
- Wheelchairs available : False
- Induction Loop :
- Accessible ticket machines :
- Accessible Booking Office counter : False
- Accessible taxis : unknown
Accessible taxis notes :
Accessible taxis are located at the taxi rank situated on Pancras Road just outside of the station. The taxi rank is located outside the station on Pancras Road. There is a help point at the taxi rank that can be used to request disability assistance. All London Black Cabs can accommodate wheelchair passengers without wheelchair users having to leave their wheelchair.