- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 5 estimatedon timeNewcastlePlatform 2 estimated0 changesOff Peak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 6 estimated06:33London Kings CrossPlatform 6 estimated08:52LeedsPlatform 8 estimated09:08LeedsPlatform 11D estimated10:29NewcastlePlatform 5 estimatedon timeNewcastlePlatform 5 estimatedPeak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimatedon timeNewcastlePlatform 2 estimated0 changesPeak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 6 estimated07:33London Kings CrossPlatform 6 estimated09:47LeedsPlatform 6 estimated10:08LeedsPlatform 8 estimated11:29NewcastlePlatform 2 estimatedon timeNewcastlePlatform 2 estimatedPeak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 6 estimatedon timeNewcastlePlatform 2 estimated0 changesOff Peak
London to Newcastle train times information
Most of these services are run by London North Eastern Railway (LNER) and leave London Kings Cross on the hour and every 30 minutes past during the day (leaving less frequently in the evenings). The journey takes around 3h but can take 2h 45m on the fastest services. Other train companies operating on this route include CrossCountry, Grand Central Railway and TransPennine Express.
LNER offers free WiFi on all their trains, as well as a quiet coach where you can enjoy reading, sleeping and catching up on work without being disturbed. If you’re travelling in First Class, you’ll enjoy a complimentary meal and access to the First Class lounge at Kings Cross station before you board.*Information correct at time of writing (August 2019). May be subject to change.
Find out more information about how to buy cheap train tickets to Newcastle.
How long does it take to travel from London to Newcastle by train?
The average journey time between London and Newcastle is . On an average weekday, there are 35 trains travelling from London to Newcastle. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
What is the fastest journey from London to Newcastle by train?
The fastest journey time by train is .
How much does the train from London to Newcastle cost?
Train tickets from London to Newcastle can start from as little as £21.50 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book.
Are there direct trains from London to Newcastle?
Yes, it is possible to travel from London to Newcastle without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from London to Newcastle.Direct
What is the distance between London and Newcastle?
The distance between London and Newcastle is 247 miles.Distance: 247 miles
What time is the first train from London to Newcastle?
The first train from London to Newcastle departs at .
What time is the last train from London to Newcastle?
The last train from London to Newcastle departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from Newcastle to London.