- on timeAberdeenPlatform 5 estimated11:02AberdeenPlatform 5 estimated13:32Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated14:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated18:39London Kings CrossPlatform 5 estimatedon timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 5 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 3 estimated12:07AberdeenPlatform 3 estimated14:29Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 17 estimated15:30Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 2 estimated19:55London Kings Crosson timeLondon Kings CrossSuper Off Peak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 4 estimated13:12AberdeenPlatform 4 estimated15:33Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated16:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 19 estimated20:46London Kings Crosson timeLondon Kings CrossSuper Off Peak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 3 estimated13:57AberdeenPlatform 3 estimated16:25Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 17 estimated17:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 2 estimated21:39London Kings Crosson timeLondon Kings CrossSuper Off Peak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 5 estimatedon timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 1 estimated0 changesSuper Off Peak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 3 estimated16:00AberdeenPlatform 3 estimated18:34Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated19:36Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 2 estimated01:05London Kings CrossPlatform 4 estimatedon timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 4 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 7S estimated18:18AberdeenPlatform 7S estimated00:14YorkPlatform 3 estimated04:40YorkPlatform 6 estimated07:00London Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimatedon timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimatedPeak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 6S estimated21:07AberdeenPlatform 6S estimated23:29Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated23:40Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 11 estimated07:07London Euston07:07London Euston07:27London Kings CrossLondon Kings CrossPeak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 7N estimated21:31AberdeenPlatform 7N estimated00:08Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 2 estimated05:48Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 2 estimated10:41London Kings CrossPlatform 4 estimatedon timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 4 estimatedPeak
- AberdeenPlatform 3 estimated21:43AberdeenPlatform 3 estimated07:49London Euston07:49London Euston08:09London Kings CrossLondon Kings CrossPeak
Travelling from Aberdeen to London by train
There are 3 direct trains every day from Aberdeen to London King's Cross operated by Virgin Trains East Coast.
All Virgin East Coast trains come with a First Class option featuring free WiFi, and a small cost for the service in Standard.
To learn more, visit our Virgin Trains East Coast page.
There's an additional option to change at Edinburgh Waverley. These services are run by ScotRail until Edinburgh Waverley, and by Virgin Trains East Coast from Edinburgh Waverley to London King's Cross.
ScotRail provides free WiFi on this route, First Class seating, and there are no restrictions on bikes. However, space is limited during peak hours. There's also an at-seat buffet cart service providing hot and cold drinks and light snacks.
For more information, visit our ScotRail page.
Route information from Aberdeen to London
Starting your journey at Aberdeen, you can look forward to some breathtaking views of Scotland´s East coast and Dundee before heading to Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city.
You'll then cross the Forth Rail Bridge outside Edinburgh, a sight to behold. After travelling through the Lowlands of Scotland, the train takes you along the east coast, passing through Berwick-upon-Tweed, Newcastle, Cumbria and Yorkshire.
Things to do in London
It’s hard to decide where to go first in London with so many different things to do. When travelling in the summer, why not grab an ice cream and enjoy the sun in one of the deck chairs scattered around Regents Park or Hyde Park?
On a rainy day, there are plenty of museums just waiting to be discovered. You can walk to South Kensington or go by tube or bus, either way, London’s biggest museums aren’t far away. The Natural History Museum is full of exotic animals and interesting facts about nature, while the Science Museum next door features an array of cool gadgets and interactive displays that are fun for the whole family. Renowned for its excellent shopping opportunities, Oxford Street is the busiest high street in the UK, well-worth a visit for some retail therapy. Don't forget to check out Harrods in Knightsbridge. Britain's most famous luxury department store, it attracts millions of visitors each year.
How long does it take to travel from Aberdeen to London Kings Cross by train?
The average journey time between Aberdeen and London Kings Cross is . The fastest journey time is . On an average weekday, there are 3 trains per day travelling from Aberdeen to London Kings Cross. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
Are there direct trains from Aberdeen to London Kings Cross?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Aberdeen to London Kings Cross without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Aberdeen to London Kings Cross.Direct
What is the distance between Aberdeen and London Kings Cross?
The distance between Aberdeen and London Kings Cross is 396 miles.Distance: 396 miles
What time is the first train from Aberdeen to London Kings Cross?
The first train from Aberdeen to London Kings Cross departs at .
What time is the last train from Aberdeen to London Kings Cross?
The last train from Aberdeen to London Kings Cross departs at .First trainLast trainSleeper services may be available on some trains. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
Find journey information for London Kings Cross to Aberdeen