- on timeOxfordPlatform 3on timeLondon PaddingtonPlatform 80 changesOff Peak
- on timeOxfordPlatform 1on timeLondon MarylebonePlatform 1 estimated0 changesOff Peak
- expected to depart atOxfordPlatform 311:43OxfordPlatform 312:06ReadingPlatform 8B12:21ReadingPlatform 11A12:52London PaddingtonPlatform 1on timeLondon PaddingtonPlatform 1Off Peak
- on timeOxfordPlatform 3on timeLondon PaddingtonPlatform 100 changesOff Peak
- on timeOxfordPlatform 312:07OxfordPlatform 312:24Didcot ParkwayPlatform 512:31Didcot ParkwayPlatform 213:14London PaddingtonPlatform 5on timeLondon PaddingtonPlatform 5Off Peak
- on timeOxfordPlatform 2on timeLondon MarylebonePlatform 4 estimated0 changesOff Peak
- on timeOxfordPlatform 312:17OxfordPlatform 312:42ReadingPlatform 8B12:54ReadingPlatform 1113:21London PaddingtonPlatform 1on timeLondon PaddingtonPlatform 1Off Peak
- on timeOxfordPlatform 3on timeLondon PaddingtonPlatform 8 estimated0 changesOff Peak
- on timeOxfordPlatform 312:43OxfordPlatform 313:09ReadingPlatform 8B13:21ReadingPlatform 11A13:52London PaddingtonPlatform 10 estimatedon timeLondon PaddingtonPlatform 10 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeOxfordPlatform 3on timeLondon PaddingtonPlatform 9 estimated0 changesOff Peak
Oxford to London train times information
Direct routes to London Paddington from Oxford courtesy of Great Western Railway run six times per hour. Stopping services run every half an hour at 07 and 37 with a journey time of approximately 2 hours. To cut down your travelling time roughly by an hour, fast trains are also half hourly at 01 and 31. An indirect service, changing at Didcot Parkway is also available every hour at 07.
The Express Café found on Great Western Railway trains offers a range of snacks and drinks. For a quiet journey you can sit in designated Quiet Zones in Coach A for standard class and Coach G for first class passengers.
Entertainment services in Coach D provide touch screen TV's offering comedies, documentaries, sports etc. Passengers can also stop, pause, fast forward and rewind their programmes.*Information correct at time of writing (March 2011). May be subject to change
How long does it take to travel from Oxford to London by train?
The average journey time between Oxford and London is . The fastest journey time is . On an average weekday, there are 98 trains per day travelling from Oxford to London. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
Are there direct trains from Oxford to London?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Oxford to London without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Oxford to London.Direct
What is the distance between Oxford and London?
The distance between Oxford and London is 52 miles.Distance: 52 miles
What time is the first train from Oxford to London?
The first train from Oxford to London departs at .
What time is the last train from Oxford to London?
The last train from Oxford to London departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
Savings tips for Oxford to London
- If you take this train more than 3 times per week, you may be able save money with a Season Ticket. Find out more and see if you can buy a season ticket for Oxford to London here.
- Use a railcard. National Railcards offer up to 1/3 off train tickets and offer great value for money if you travel by train several times a year. Find out more about railcards here.
Find journey information for London to Oxford