- on timeLondon PaddingtonPlatform 5 estimated22:45London PaddingtonPlatform 5 estimated01:17Cardiff CentralPlatform 3 estimated05:26Cardiff CentralPlatform 6 estimated06:33Merthyr TydfilPlatform 1 estimatedMerthyr TydfilPlatform 1 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeLondon PaddingtonPlatform 3 estimated23:30London PaddingtonPlatform 3 estimated01:30Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 15 estimated01:40Bristol Temple Meads03:00Cardiff Central05:26Cardiff CentralPlatform 6 estimated06:33Merthyr TydfilPlatform 1 estimatedMerthyr TydfilPlatform 1 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- London PaddingtonPlatform 8 estimated05:19London PaddingtonPlatform 8 estimated08:02Cardiff CentralPlatform 3 estimated08:26Cardiff CentralPlatform 6 estimated09:33Merthyr TydfilMerthyr TydfilPeak
- London PaddingtonPlatform 3 estimated06:45London PaddingtonPlatform 3 estimated08:50Cardiff CentralPlatform 4 estimated09:26Cardiff CentralPlatform 6 estimated10:33Merthyr TydfilMerthyr TydfilPeak
- London PaddingtonPlatform 4 estimated07:15London PaddingtonPlatform 4 estimated09:20Cardiff CentralPlatform 3 estimated09:41Cardiff CentralPlatform 6 estimated10:18AbercynonPlatform 1 estimated10:40AbercynonPlatform 1 estimated11:07Merthyr TydfilPlatform 1 estimatedMerthyr TydfilPlatform 1 estimatedPeak
- London PaddingtonPlatform 9 estimated07:45London PaddingtonPlatform 9 estimated09:49Cardiff CentralPlatform 4 estimated10:26Cardiff CentralPlatform 6 estimated11:33Merthyr TydfilMerthyr TydfilPeak
- London PaddingtonPlatform 5 estimated08:45London PaddingtonPlatform 5 estimated10:48Cardiff CentralPlatform 3 estimated10:56Cardiff CentralPlatform 6 estimated12:03Merthyr TydfilMerthyr TydfilPeak
- London PaddingtonPlatform 5 estimated09:45London PaddingtonPlatform 5 estimated11:46Cardiff CentralPlatform 3 estimated11:56Cardiff CentralPlatform 6 estimated13:03Merthyr TydfilMerthyr TydfilOff Peak
- London PaddingtonPlatform 4 estimated10:45London PaddingtonPlatform 4 estimated12:47Cardiff CentralPlatform 3 estimated12:56Cardiff CentralPlatform 6 estimated14:03Merthyr TydfilMerthyr TydfilSuper Off Peak
- London PaddingtonPlatform 3 estimated11:45London PaddingtonPlatform 3 estimated13:46Cardiff CentralPlatform 3 estimated13:56Cardiff CentralPlatform 6 estimated15:03Merthyr TydfilMerthyr TydfilSuper Off Peak
Journey information from London to Merthyr Tydfil
- Train Fares from: £19
- Fastest route:
- Slowest route:
- Average journey time:
- Changes: 1 to 3
How long does it take to travel from London to Merthyr Tydfil by train?
The average journey time between London and Merthyr Tydfil is . The fastest journey time is . On an average weekday, there are 33 trains per day travelling from London to Merthyr Tydfil. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
Are there direct trains from London to Merthyr Tydfil?
No, it is not possible to travel from London to Merthyr Tydfil without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from London to Merthyr Tydfil.No direct trains possible
What is the distance between London and Merthyr Tydfil?
The distance between London and Merthyr Tydfil is 140 miles.Distance: 140 miles
What time is the first train from London to Merthyr Tydfil?
The first train from London to Merthyr Tydfil departs at .
What time is the last train from London to Merthyr Tydfil?
The last train from London to Merthyr Tydfil departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
Savings tips for London to Merthyr Tydfil
- If you take this train more than 3 times per week, you may be able save money with a Season Ticket. Find out more and see if you can buy a season ticket for London to Merthyr Tydfil here.
- Use a railcard. National Railcards offer up to 1/3 off train tickets and offer great value for money if you travel by train several times a year. Find out more about railcards here.
- Sign up for our Advance Ticket Alerts. Often, train companies release their tickets up to 12 weeks in advance – the price of these tickets can rise over time, so it's beneficial to grab yours early!
Find journey information for Merthyr Tydfil to London