- departedLondon Euston11:10London Euston15:59Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimated15:59Glasgow Central16:39Glasgow Queen Street16:39Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 7 estimated19:28AberdeenPlatform 4 estimatedon timeAberdeenPlatform 4 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated12:55London Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated17:23Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 5 estimated17:34Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated20:07AberdeenPlatform 5 estimatedon timeAberdeenPlatform 5 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimatedon timeAberdeenPlatform 5 estimated0 changesSuper Off Peak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimatedon timeAberdeenPlatform 5 estimated0 changesPeak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated18:55London Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated23:31Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 5 estimated05:30Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 17 estimated08:12AberdeenPlatform 5 estimatedAberdeenPlatform 5 estimatedPeak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated22:55London Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated01:33YorkPlatform 6 estimated06:27YorkPlatform 3 estimated09:03Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimated09:28Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated11:50AberdeenPlatform 4 estimatedAberdeenPlatform 4 estimatedPeak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated22:55London Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated01:33YorkPlatform 6 estimated07:35YorkPlatform 11 estimated13:02AberdeenPlatform 5 estimatedAberdeenPlatform 5 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeLondon Euston23:30London Euston01:38Birmingham New StreetPlatform 3 estimated06:15Birmingham New StreetPlatform 6 estimated10:18Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated10:28Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 2 estimated13:02AberdeenPlatform 5 estimatedAberdeenPlatform 5 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeLondon Euston00:35London Euston02:05NorthamptonPlatform 3 estimated05:20NorthamptonPlatform 5 estimated06:53CrewePlatform 7 estimated07:09CrewePlatform 11 estimated10:18Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated10:28Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 2 estimated13:02AberdeenPlatform 5 estimatedAberdeenPlatform 5 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- London Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimated06:27London Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimated11:12Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimated11:32Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 20 estimated13:49AberdeenPlatform 4 estimatedAberdeenPlatform 4 estimatedPeak
Travelling from London to Aberdeen by train
There are trains every hour running from London King's Cross to Aberdeen with London North Eastern Railway (LNER). Some services are direct while others will stop at Edinburgh Waverley, where you'll need to change to a ScotRail train to continue your journey.
All London North Eastern Railway (LNER) trains feature a buffet car called The Foodbar, usually located either in coach J or H. Here, you can purchase hot and cold food and drink throughout the day. On most journeys, you'll also find a full drinks menu and an at-seat trolley service. If you travel in First Class, the food and drink are complimentary but subject to availability. WiFi is free for those travelling in First Class, while those travelling in Standard will need to pay a small fee for the service.
ScotRail offers free WiFi on this service, as well as the option to travel First Class. Passengers also have the chance to buy hot and cold drinks as well as light snacks, thanks to an at-seat catering service.
For more information, visit our ScotRail page.
Route information from London to Aberdeen
The train from London King's Cross to Aberdeen takes you up the East coast, crossing through Yorkshire, Cumbria, Newcastle and Berwick-upon-Tweed before heading into the Lowlands of Scotland. Make sure to grab a window seat so you don't miss out on the amazing views. Keep your camera ready, as one of the best sights is saved for last. The crossing of the Forth Rail Bridge outside Edinburgh is a spectacular experience for all. You’ll then continue along the East coast of Scotland, before arriving at Aberdeen.
Things to do in Aberdeen
Take a look at Balmoral Castle, one of the official Royal residences for Her Majesty the Queen. A visit to the Tolbooth is highly recommended as it's a historic jail which gives you a mesmerising insight into medieval Scotland. Finally, take a trip to the Aberdeen Maritime Museum, which offers a rich history of Aberdeen’s proud nautical tradition.
How long does it take to travel from London to Aberdeen by train?
The average journey time between London and Aberdeen is . On an average weekday, there are 6 trains travelling from London to Aberdeen. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
What is the fastest journey from London to Aberdeen by train?
The fastest journey time by train is .
How much does the train from London to Aberdeen cost?
Train tickets from London to Aberdeen can start from as little as £37.50 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book.
Are there direct trains from London to Aberdeen?
Yes, it is possible to travel from London to Aberdeen without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from London to Aberdeen.Direct
What is the distance between London and Aberdeen?
The distance between London and Aberdeen is 397 miles.Distance: 397 miles
What time is the first train from London to Aberdeen?
The first train from London to Aberdeen departs at .
What time is the last train from London to Aberdeen?
The last train from London to Aberdeen departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from Aberdeen to London.