- on timeLondon EustonAberdeenPlatform 6S estimated0 changesSuper Off Peak
- on timeLondon Euston23:50London Euston07:24Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 7 estimated08:31Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 18 estimated10:55AberdeenPlatform 7S estimatedAberdeenPlatform 7S estimatedSuper Off Peak
- London Kings CrossPlatform 4 estimated07:00London Kings CrossPlatform 4 estimated11:20Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 11 estimated11:31Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated13:51AberdeenPlatform 3 estimatedAberdeenPlatform 3 estimatedPeak
- London Kings CrossPlatform 2 estimated08:00London Kings CrossPlatform 2 estimated12:18Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 19 estimated12:30Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 16 estimated14:50AberdeenPlatform 7S estimatedAberdeenPlatform 7S estimatedPeak
- London Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated09:00London Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated13:17Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated13:30Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 16 estimated15:49AberdeenPlatform 7S estimatedAberdeenPlatform 7S estimatedPeak
- London Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimatedAberdeenPlatform 5 estimated0 changesSuper Off Peak
- London Kings CrossPlatform 4 estimated11:00London Kings CrossPlatform 4 estimated15:17Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated15:31Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 17 estimated17:53AberdeenPlatform 7N estimatedAberdeenPlatform 7N estimatedSuper Off Peak
- London Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated12:00London Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated16:20Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 11 estimated16:30Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 17 estimated19:01AberdeenPlatform 7N estimatedAberdeenPlatform 7N estimatedSuper Off Peak
- London Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimated13:00London Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimated17:18Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated17:36Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 18 estimated20:07AberdeenPlatform 4 estimatedAberdeenPlatform 4 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- London Kings CrossPlatform 2 estimatedAberdeenPlatform 5 estimated0 changesSuper Off Peak
Travelling from London to Aberdeen by train
There are trains every hour running from London King's Cross to Aberdeen with Virgin Trains East Coast. Some services are direct while others will stop at Edinburgh Waverley, where you'll need to change to a ScotRail train to continue your journey.
All Virgin East Coast trains feature a buffet car called The Foodbar, usually located either in coach J or H. Here, you can purchase hot and cold food and drink throughout the day. On most journeys, you'll also find a full drinks menu and an at-seat trolley service. If you travel in First Class, the food and drink are complimentary but subject to availability. WiFi is free for those travelling in First Class, while those travelling in Standard will need to pay a small fee for the service. To learn more, visit our Virgin Trains East Coast page
ScotRail offers free WiFi on this service, as well as the option to travel First Class. Passengers also have the chance to buy hot and cold drinks as well as light snacks, thanks to an at-seat catering service.
For more information, visit our ScotRail page.
Route information from London to Aberdeen
The train from London King's Cross to Aberdeen takes you up the East coast, crossing through Yorkshire, Cumbria, Newcastle and Berwick-upon-Tweed before heading into the Lowlands of Scotland. Make sure to grab a window seat so you don't miss out on the amazing views. Keep your camera ready, as one of the best sights is saved for last. The crossing of the Forth Rail Bridge outside Edinburgh is a spectacular experience for all. You’ll then continue along the East coast of Scotland, before arriving at Aberdeen.
Things to do in Aberdeen
Take a look at Balmoral Castle, one of the official Royal residences for Her Majesty the Queen. A visit to the Tolbooth is highly recommended as it's a historic jail which gives you a mesmerising insight into medieval Scotland. Finally, take a trip to the Aberdeen Maritime Museum, which offers a rich history of Aberdeen’s proud nautical tradition.
How long does it take to travel from London to Aberdeen by train?
The average journey time between London and Aberdeen is . The fastest journey time is . On an average weekday, there are 4 trains per day travelling from London to Aberdeen. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
Are there direct trains from London to Aberdeen?
Yes, it is possible to travel from London to Aberdeen without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from London to Aberdeen.Direct
What is the distance between London and Aberdeen?
The distance between London and Aberdeen is 397 miles.Distance: 397 miles
What time is the first train from London to Aberdeen?
The first train from London to Aberdeen departs at .
What time is the last train from London to Aberdeen?
The last train from London to Aberdeen departs at .First trainLast trainSleeper services may be available on some trains. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
Savings tips for London to Aberdeen
- If you take this train more than 3 times per week, you may be able save money with a Season Ticket. Find out more and see if you can buy a season ticket for London to Aberdeen here.
- Use a railcard. National Railcards offer up to 1/3 off train tickets and offer great value for money if you travel by train several times a year. Find out more about railcards here.
Find journey information for Aberdeen to London