- on timeAberdeenPlatform 6S estimated21:07AberdeenPlatform 6S estimated23:29Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 17 estimated23:45Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 12 estimated00:35Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 7 estimated00:35Glasgow Queen Street08:25Glasgow Central08:25Glasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimated11:01Preston (Lancs)Platform 5 estimated11:09Preston (Lancs)Platform 5 estimated12:01Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 13 estimatedManchester PiccadillyPlatform 13 estimatedPeak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 7S estimated21:35AberdeenPlatform 7S estimated00:08Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 19 estimated09:13Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8E estimated12:40Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 13 estimatedManchester PiccadillyPlatform 13 estimatedPeak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 7N estimated22:26AberdeenPlatform 7N estimated23:46DundeePlatform 1 estimated07:24DundeePlatform 2 estimated09:03Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 16 estimated09:13Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8E estimated12:40Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 13 estimatedManchester PiccadillyPlatform 13 estimatedPeak
- AberdeenPlatform 6 estimated09:47AberdeenPlatform 6 estimated14:58YorkPlatform 10 estimated15:15YorkPlatform 5 estimated16:49Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 13 estimatedManchester PiccadillyPlatform 13 estimatedPeak
- AberdeenPlatform 5 estimated11:10AberdeenPlatform 5 estimated13:43Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 19 estimated14:12Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 14 estimated17:42Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 13 estimatedManchester PiccadillyPlatform 13 estimatedPeak
- AberdeenPlatform 6 estimated11:47AberdeenPlatform 6 estimated16:52YorkPlatform 5 estimated17:05YorkPlatform 9 estimated17:47HuddersfieldPlatform 1 estimated17:56HuddersfieldPlatform 4B estimated18:41Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 2 estimatedManchester PiccadillyPlatform 2 estimatedPeak
- AberdeenPlatform 6 estimated11:47AberdeenPlatform 6 estimated16:52YorkPlatform 5 estimated17:18YorkPlatform 9 estimated18:50Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 13 estimatedManchester PiccadillyPlatform 13 estimatedPeak
- AberdeenPlatform 6S estimated12:44AberdeenPlatform 6S estimated15:24Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 20 estimated16:14Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 11 estimated19:43Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 13 estimatedManchester PiccadillyPlatform 13 estimatedPeak
Journey information from Aberdeen to Manchester Piccadilly
- Train Fares from: £22.20
- Fastest route:
- Slowest route:
- Average journey time:
- Changes: 1 to 3
Travelling from Aberdeen to Manchester by train
Though there's no direct train from Aberdeen to Manchester, ScotRail run services between Aberdeen and Edinburgh, and from Edinburgh there's a direct train route every two hours to Manchester Piccadilly, operated by TransPennine Express.
Free WiFi is available on this service, as well as First Class carriages for those looking to travel in style. There's also an at-seat buffet cart, allowing you to buy hot and cold drinks as well as light snacks for your journey.
For more information, visit our ScotRail page.
TransPennine Express currently offers free WiFi on all Scotland to Manchester routes. Bikes are permitted on all off-peak trains, as well as First Class carriages.
To learn more, visit our TransPennine Express page.
Route information from Aberdeen to Manchester
Starting your journey from Aberdeen, you'll be able to see some breathtaking views of Scotland´s East coast before passing through Dundee and arriving in Edinburgh, the country's capital city.
Make sure to grab a window seat on your next train so you can take in the amazing views of the Lowlands, the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales en route to Manchester.
Things to do in Manchester
Manchester's Northern Quarter has loads to offer - from its thriving music scene to its art collections and locally brewed craft beers.
If you're travelling to Manchester with your family, why not pay a visit to Sea Life to see more than 5,000 sea creatures?
Another sight worth discovering is the Manchester Ship Canal. Thanks to 58 kilometres of inland waterway from the west coast, Manchester is an important port despite being 40 kilometres inland.
Manchester is also home to Europe's largest Chinese district, a must for when those hunger pangs kick in.
The city is also home to Manchester United and Manchester City, two of the most successful teams in English football. If you get the chance, purchase tickets for any match at Old Trafford or the Etihad Stadium.
How long does it take to travel from Aberdeen to Manchester Piccadilly by train?
The average journey time between Aberdeen and Manchester Piccadilly is . On an average weekday, there are 30 trains travelling from Aberdeen to Manchester Piccadilly. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
What is the fastest journey from Aberdeen to Manchester Piccadilly by train?
The fastest journey time by train is .
How much does the train from Aberdeen to Manchester Piccadilly cost?
Train tickets from Aberdeen to Manchester Piccadilly can start from as little as £22.20 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book.
Are there direct trains from Aberdeen to Manchester Piccadilly?
No, it is not possible to travel from Aberdeen to Manchester Piccadilly without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Aberdeen to Manchester Piccadilly.No direct trains possible
What is the distance between Aberdeen and Manchester Piccadilly?
The distance between Aberdeen and Manchester Piccadilly is 253 miles.Distance: 253 miles
What time is the first train from Aberdeen to Manchester Piccadilly?
The first train from Aberdeen to Manchester Piccadilly departs at .
What time is the last train from Aberdeen to Manchester Piccadilly?
The last train from Aberdeen to Manchester Piccadilly departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from Manchester Piccadilly to Aberdeen.