- expected to depart atOxfordPlatform 411:39OxfordPlatform 412:48Birmingham New StreetPlatform 4B estimated13:15Birmingham New StreetPlatform 6 estimated14:07CrewePlatform 11 estimated14:24CrewePlatform 9 estimated14:49ChesterPlatform 1 estimatedon timeChesterPlatform 1 estimatedOff Peak
- expected to depart atOxfordPlatform 411:39OxfordPlatform 413:13WolverhamptonPlatform 113:44WolverhamptonPlatform 1 estimated15:21ChesterPlatform 3 estimatedon timeChesterPlatform 3 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeOxfordPlatform 412:10OxfordPlatform 413:18Birmingham New StreetPlatform 9A estimated13:37Birmingham New StreetPlatform 5B estimated14:30CrewePlatform 11 estimated14:48CrewePlatform 11 estimated15:07ChesterPlatform 1 estimatedon timeChesterPlatform 1 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeOxfordPlatform 412:39OxfordPlatform 413:48Birmingham New StreetPlatform 5B estimated14:15Birmingham New StreetPlatform 6 estimated15:06CrewePlatform 11 estimated15:24CrewePlatform 9 estimated15:49ChesterPlatform 3 estimatedon timeChesterPlatform 3 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeOxfordPlatform 413:10OxfordPlatform 414:18Birmingham New StreetPlatform 9A estimated14:37Birmingham New StreetPlatform 4B estimated15:29CrewePlatform 11 estimated15:47CrewePlatform 11 estimated16:08ChesterPlatform 3 estimatedon timeChesterPlatform 3 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeOxfordPlatform 413:39OxfordPlatform 414:48Birmingham New StreetPlatform 5B estimated15:15Birmingham New StreetPlatform 6 estimated16:06CrewePlatform 11 estimated16:24CrewePlatform 9 estimated16:49ChesterPlatform 1 estimatedon timeChesterPlatform 1 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeOxfordPlatform 413:39OxfordPlatform 415:13WolverhamptonPlatform 1 estimated15:43WolverhamptonPlatform 1 estimated17:19ChesterPlatform 3A estimatedon timeChesterPlatform 3A estimatedOff Peak
- on timeOxfordPlatform 414:10OxfordPlatform 415:18Birmingham New StreetPlatform 9A estimated15:37Birmingham New StreetPlatform 4B estimated16:29CrewePlatform 11 estimated16:47CrewePlatform 11 estimated17:08ChesterPlatform 1 estimatedon timeChesterPlatform 1 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeOxfordPlatform 414:39OxfordPlatform 415:48Birmingham New StreetPlatform 5B estimated16:15Birmingham New StreetPlatform 6 estimated17:07CrewePlatform 11 estimated17:24CrewePlatform 9 estimated17:49ChesterPlatform 1 estimatedon timeChesterPlatform 1 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeOxfordPlatform 415:10OxfordPlatform 416:18Birmingham New StreetPlatform 9A estimated16:37Birmingham New StreetPlatform 4B estimated17:29CrewePlatform 11 estimated17:48CrewePlatform 11 estimated18:08ChesterPlatform 3 estimatedon timeChesterPlatform 3 estimatedOff Peak
Journey information from Oxford to Chester
- Train Fares from: £27.35
- Fastest route:
- Slowest route:
- Average journey time:
- Changes: 1 to 3
How long does it take to travel from Oxford to Chester by train?
The average journey time between Oxford and Chester is . On an average weekday, there are 47 trains travelling from Oxford to Chester. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
What is the fastest journey from Oxford to Chester by train?
The fastest journey time by train is .
How much does the train from Oxford to Chester cost?
Train tickets from Oxford to Chester can start from as little as £27.35 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book.
Are there direct trains from Oxford to Chester?
No, it is not possible to travel from Oxford to Chester without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Oxford to Chester.No direct trains possible
What is the distance between Oxford and Chester?
The distance between Oxford and Chester is 121 miles.Distance: 121 miles
What time is the first train from Oxford to Chester?
The first train from Oxford to Chester departs at .
What time is the last train from Oxford to Chester?
The last train from Oxford to Chester departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from Chester to Oxford.