- on timeAberdeenPlatform 5 estimated19:36AberdeenPlatform 5 estimated22:23Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 6 estimated22:23Glasgow Queen Street04:28Glasgow Central04:28Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimated06:54Preston (Lancs)Platform 4 estimated07:17Preston (Lancs)Platform 4 estimated08:33WolverhamptonPlatform 2 estimated08:41WolverhamptonPlatform 3 estimated08:58Birmingham New StreetPlatform 3A estimatedBirmingham New StreetPlatform 3A estimatedPeak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 5 estimated19:36AberdeenPlatform 5 estimated22:23Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 6 estimated22:23Glasgow Queen Street04:28Glasgow Central04:28Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimated06:54Preston (Lancs)Platform 4 estimated07:17Preston (Lancs)Platform 4 estimated09:05Birmingham New StreetPlatform 2 estimatedon timeBirmingham New StreetPlatform 2 estimatedPeak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 5 estimated19:36AberdeenPlatform 5 estimated22:23Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 6 estimated22:23Glasgow Queen Street05:50Glasgow Central05:50Glasgow CentralPlatform 4 estimated10:05Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1 estimatedon timeBirmingham New StreetPlatform 1 estimatedPeak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 4 estimated21:29AberdeenPlatform 4 estimated00:02Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 19 estimated05:40Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 11 estimated07:02NewcastlePlatform 3 estimated07:25NewcastlePlatform 2 estimated10:27Birmingham New StreetPlatform 10A estimatedBirmingham New StreetPlatform 10A estimatedPeak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 4 estimated21:29AberdeenPlatform 4 estimated00:02Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 19 estimated06:52Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated11:05Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1 estimatedon timeBirmingham New StreetPlatform 1 estimatedPeak
- AberdeenPlatform 3 estimated21:43AberdeenPlatform 3 estimated05:28CrewePlatform 6 estimated05:47CrewePlatform 5 estimated06:57Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1A estimatedBirmingham New StreetPlatform 1A estimatedPeak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 7N estimated22:27AberdeenPlatform 7N estimated00:13PerthPlatform 1 estimated05:18PerthPlatform 3 estimated06:36Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 2 estimated06:36Glasgow Queen Street08:00Glasgow Central08:00Glasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimated12:05Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1 estimatedBirmingham New StreetPlatform 1 estimatedPeak
- AberdeenPlatform 3 estimated05:48AberdeenPlatform 3 estimated08:24Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated08:52Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated12:32WolverhamptonPlatform 2 estimated12:41WolverhamptonPlatform 3 estimated12:58Birmingham New StreetPlatform 2A estimatedBirmingham New StreetPlatform 2A estimatedPeak
- AberdeenPlatform 3 estimated05:48AberdeenPlatform 3 estimated08:24Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated08:52Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated13:05Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1 estimatedBirmingham New StreetPlatform 1 estimatedPeak
- AberdeenPlatform 5 estimated06:40AberdeenPlatform 5 estimated09:13Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 7 estimated09:13Glasgow Queen Street10:00Glasgow Central10:00Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimated13:33WolverhamptonPlatform 2 estimated13:41WolverhamptonPlatform 3 estimated13:58Birmingham New StreetPlatform 2A estimatedBirmingham New StreetPlatform 2A estimatedPeak
Travelling from Aberdeen to Birmingham by train
There are direct trains every day from Aberdeen to Birmingham, operated by CrossCountry. However, the quickest way to get from point to point involves changing at Edinburgh Haymarket for a Virgin West Coast service.
CrossCountry trains all come with a First Class option. There's a buffet car on most trains, if not, then there will be a buffet cart providing at-seat service. Most CrossCountry trains on this route also feature a Quiet Coach and there's free WiFi if you travel in First Class (WiFi can be purchased for a small fee if you're seated in Standard).
Visit our Virgin Trains page to find out more about the onboard services for the second part of your journey.
Route information from Aberdeen to Birmingham
Starting your journey at Aberdeen, you can look forward to some breathtaking views of Scotland´s East coast and Dundee before heading to Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city.
Once you leave Edinburgh, the train takes you through the Lowlands of Scotland down into England, with yet more stunning East coast views to be seen. You'll pass through Newcastle, York, Leeds, Sheffield and the Peak District before heading to Birmingham.
Things to do in Birmingham
Being the second biggest city in the United Kingdom, Birmingham has plenty to offer for all.
Birmingham's 19th-century canals are even bigger than Venice's, with several waterside attractions found along the waterways. For example, you can take a boat trip and discover the exceptional art galleries around this historic area of the city. Treat yourself to a unique meal and a fancy cocktail along the waterways, home to some great restaurants, secret bars and craft breweries.
Some of the other attractions not to be missed include the outstanding library of Birmingham, the Midlands Art Centre (MAC), specialised in contemporary theatre, dance, independent cinema and exhibitions, and the Botanical Gardens. Opened 200 years ago, these gardens cover everything from deserts to tropical rainforests!
How long does it take to travel from Aberdeen to Birmingham by train?
The average journey time between Aberdeen and Birmingham is . The fastest journey time is . On an average weekday, there are 1 trains per day travelling from Aberdeen to Birmingham. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
Are there direct trains from Aberdeen to Birmingham?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Aberdeen to Birmingham without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Aberdeen to Birmingham.Direct
What is the distance between Aberdeen and Birmingham?
The distance between Aberdeen and Birmingham is 322 miles.Distance: 322 miles
What time is the first train from Aberdeen to Birmingham?
The first train from Aberdeen to Birmingham departs at .
What time is the last train from Aberdeen to Birmingham?
The last train from Aberdeen to Birmingham departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
Find journey information for Birmingham to Aberdeen