- on timeAberdeenPlatform 3 estimated05:48AberdeenPlatform 3 estimated08:24Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated08:52Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated12:32WolverhamptonPlatform 4 estimated12:42WolverhamptonPlatform 3 estimated12:59Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1A estimatedBirmingham New StreetPlatform 1A estimatedPeak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 3 estimated05:48AberdeenPlatform 3 estimated08:24Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated08:52Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated13:05Birmingham New StreetPlatform 2 estimatedBirmingham New StreetPlatform 2 estimatedPeak
- AberdeenPlatform 4 estimated06:38AberdeenPlatform 4 estimated09:11Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 2 estimated09:11Glasgow Queen Street10:00Glasgow Central10:00Glasgow CentralPlatform 4 estimated13:33WolverhamptonPlatform 4 estimated13:42WolverhamptonPlatform 3 estimated13:59Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1A estimatedBirmingham New StreetPlatform 1A estimatedPeak
- AberdeenPlatform 4 estimated06:38AberdeenPlatform 4 estimated09:11Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 2 estimated09:11Glasgow Queen Street10:00Glasgow Central10:00Glasgow CentralPlatform 4 estimated14:05Birmingham New StreetPlatform 2A estimatedBirmingham New StreetPlatform 2A estimatedPeak
- on timeAberdeenPlatform 6S estimated07:07AberdeenPlatform 6S estimated09:31Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated10:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 5 estimated11:27NewcastlePlatform 4 estimated11:35NewcastlePlatform 12 estimated14:27Birmingham New StreetPlatform 10A estimatedBirmingham New StreetPlatform 10A estimatedPeak
- AberdeenPlatform 4 estimated08:20AberdeenPlatform 4 estimated10:48HaymarketPlatform 1 estimated10:57HaymarketPlatform 4 estimated15:05Birmingham New StreetPlatform 2 estimatedBirmingham New StreetPlatform 2 estimatedPeak
- AberdeenPlatform 5 estimated09:04AberdeenPlatform 5 estimated11:37Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 19 estimated12:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 6 estimated13:27NewcastlePlatform 4 estimated13:35NewcastlePlatform 12 estimated16:27Birmingham New StreetPlatform 10A estimatedBirmingham New StreetPlatform 10A estimatedPeak
Travelling from Aberdeen to Birmingham by train
There are direct trains every day from Aberdeen to Birmingham, operated by CrossCountry. However, the quickest way to get from point to point involves changing at Edinburgh Haymarket for an Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains) service.
CrossCountry trains all come with a First Class option. There's a buffet car on most trains, if not, then there will be a buffet cart providing at-seat service. Most CrossCountry trains on this route also feature a Quiet Coach and there's free WiFi if you travel in First Class (WiFi can be purchased for a small fee if you're seated in Standard).
Route information from Aberdeen to Birmingham
Starting your journey at Aberdeen, you can look forward to some breathtaking views of Scotland´s East coast and Dundee before heading to Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city.
Once you leave Edinburgh, the train takes you through the Lowlands of Scotland down into England, with yet more stunning East coast views to be seen. You'll pass through Newcastle, York, Leeds, Sheffield and the Peak District before heading to Birmingham.
Things to do in Birmingham
Being the second biggest city in the United Kingdom, Birmingham has plenty to offer for all.
Birmingham's 19th-century canals are even bigger than Venice's, with several waterside attractions found along the waterways. For example, you can take a boat trip and discover the exceptional art galleries around this historic area of the city. Treat yourself to a unique meal and a fancy cocktail along the waterways, home to some great restaurants, secret bars and craft breweries.
Some of the other attractions not to be missed include the outstanding library of Birmingham, the Midlands Art Centre (MAC), specialised in contemporary theatre, dance, independent cinema and exhibitions, and the Botanical Gardens. Opened 200 years ago, these gardens cover everything from deserts to tropical rainforests!
How long does it take to travel from Aberdeen to Birmingham by train?
The average journey time between Aberdeen and Birmingham is . On an average weekday, there are 2 trains travelling from Aberdeen to Birmingham. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
What is the fastest journey from Aberdeen to Birmingham by train?
The fastest journey time by train is .
How much does the train from Aberdeen to Birmingham cost?
Train tickets from Aberdeen to Birmingham can start from as little as £31 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book.
Are there direct trains from Aberdeen to Birmingham?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Aberdeen to Birmingham without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Aberdeen to Birmingham.Direct
What is the distance between Aberdeen and Birmingham?
The distance between Aberdeen and Birmingham is 322 miles.Distance: 322 miles
What time is the first train from Aberdeen to Birmingham?
The first train from Aberdeen to Birmingham departs at .
What time is the last train from Aberdeen to Birmingham?
The last train from Aberdeen to Birmingham departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from Birmingham to Aberdeen.