- expected to depart atSheffieldPlatform 1B12:11SheffieldPlatform 1B12:35DoncasterPlatform 812:47DoncasterPlatform 114:33London Kings CrossPlatform 3 estimatedon timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 3 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeSheffieldPlatform 2on timeLondon St Pancras InternationalPlatform 20 changesSuper Off Peak
- on timeSheffieldPlatform 5Aon timeLondon St Pancras InternationalPlatform 2 estimated0 changesSuper Off Peak
- on timeSheffieldPlatform 1B13:11SheffieldPlatform 1B13:35DoncasterPlatform 413:47DoncasterPlatform 115:31London Kings CrossPlatform 6 estimatedon timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 6 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeSheffieldPlatform 2on timeLondon St Pancras InternationalPlatform 2 estimated0 changesSuper Off Peak
Sheffield to London train times information
The majority of journeys on the Sheffield to London route are run by East Midlands Railway (formerly East Midlands Trains), and the average travel time is under two and a half hours. During the day, trains leave the station approximately three times an hour, with fewer departures later in the evening. The last train leaves between 22:00 and 22:30, and they typically resume the next morning at around 5.30. There are a number of options such as changes at Doncaster, Retford or Derby as well as final destinations of London Kings Cross or London St Pancras.
First Class passengers on East Midlands Railway (formerly East Midlands Trains) can enjoy complimentary tea and coffee as they travel, as well as table service, while standard fare passengers can take advantage of the onboard catering.*Information correct at time of writing (March 2011). May be subject to change
How long does it take to travel from Sheffield to London by train?
The average journey time between Sheffield and London is . On an average weekday, there are 43 trains travelling from Sheffield to London. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
What is the fastest journey from Sheffield to London by train?
The fastest journey time by train is .
How much does the train from Sheffield to London cost?
Train tickets from Sheffield to London can start from as little as £15 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book.
Are there direct trains from Sheffield to London?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Sheffield to London without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Sheffield to London.Direct
What is the distance between Sheffield and London?
The distance between Sheffield and London is 141 miles.Distance: 141 miles
What time is the first train from Sheffield to London?
The first train from Sheffield to London departs at .
What time is the last train from Sheffield to London?
The last train from Sheffield to London departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from London to Sheffield.