- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimatedon timeInvernessPlatform 1 estimated0 changesSuper Off Peak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimated13:00London Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimated17:18Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated17:41Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated21:02InvernessPlatform 4 estimatedon timeInvernessPlatform 4 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 3 estimated15:00London Kings CrossPlatform 3 estimated19:18Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimated19:42Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 17 estimated23:16InvernessPlatform 2 estimatedon timeInvernessPlatform 2 estimatedPeak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 3 estimated18:00London Kings CrossPlatform 3 estimated22:19Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 2 estimated23:19Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 13 estimated00:56PerthPlatform 7 estimated05:08PerthPlatform 4 estimated07:49InvernessPlatform 3 estimatedInvernessPlatform 3 estimatedPeak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated18:18London Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated20:15YorkPlatform 5 estimated20:32YorkPlatform 10 estimated23:03Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9E estimated23:19Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 13 estimated00:56PerthPlatform 7 estimated05:08PerthPlatform 4 estimated07:49InvernessPlatform 3 estimatedInvernessPlatform 3 estimatedPeak
- on timeLondon Eustonon timeInvernessPlatform 1 estimated0 changesSuper Off Peak
- on timeLondon Euston23:50London Euston07:24Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 7 estimated08:34Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 16 estimated11:58InvernessPlatform 3 estimatedInvernessPlatform 3 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- London Kings CrossPlatform 4 estimated07:00London Kings CrossPlatform 4 estimated11:20Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 11 estimated11:39Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 18 estimated12:57PerthPlatform 5 estimated13:13PerthPlatform 7 estimated15:23InvernessPlatform 3 estimatedInvernessPlatform 3 estimatedPeak
- London Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated09:00London Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated13:17Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated13:36Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 17 estimated16:54InvernessPlatform 3 estimatedInvernessPlatform 3 estimatedPeak
- London Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimated10:00London Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimated14:21Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 19 estimated14:37Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated15:55PerthPlatform 5 estimated16:16PerthPlatform 7 estimated18:21InvernessPlatform 3 estimatedInvernessPlatform 3 estimatedSuper Off Peak
Travelling from London to Inverness by train
There's a direct train route from London King's Cross to Inverness using Virgin Trains East Coast. Onboard you'll find the buffet car called The Foodbar) usually located either in coach J or H, where you can purchase hot and cold food and drink throughout the day. First Class passengers can enjoy complimentary WiFi, while those seated in Standard can pay a small fee for the service. There's also an alternative route that involves making one change at Edinburgh Waverley, where a ScotRail train will take you on the second leg to the final destination. You can visit our ScotRail page to find out what other onboard services they provide.
London to Inverness Route Information
The train from London to Inverness takes you through the heart of England, crossing the Peak District and the Lake District before heading into the Lowlands of Scotland. Make sure to grab a window seat so you don't miss out on these amazing views. It doesn’t stop there though, as one of the best sights is saved for last. The crossing of the Forth Rail Bridge outside Edinburgh is a spectacular experience for all. You’ll then get the chance to see Cairngorms National Park, the largest national park in the UK, before arriving at Inverness.
Things to do in Inverness
A city that's famed for its proximity to Loch Ness, you can arrange for a tour of the world-famous loch in hope of spotting old Nessie for yourself. Alternatively, you can visit Urquhart Castle or Cawdor Castle for a magnificent trip back through time, while Chanonry Point is an excellent spot for catching a sight of some wild Dolphins.
How long does it take to travel from London to Inverness by train?
The average journey time between London and Inverness is . The fastest journey time is . On an average weekday, there are 2 trains per day travelling from London to Inverness. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
Are there direct trains from London to Inverness?
Yes, it is possible to travel from London to Inverness without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from London to Inverness.Direct
What is the distance between London and Inverness?
The distance between London and Inverness is 444 miles.Distance: 444 miles
What time is the first train from London to Inverness?
The first train from London to Inverness departs at .
What time is the last train from London to Inverness?
The last train from London to Inverness departs at .First trainLast trainSleeper services may be available on some trains. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
Savings tips for London to Inverness
- If you take this train more than 3 times per week, you may be able save money with a Season Ticket. Find out more and see if you can buy a season ticket for London to Inverness here.
- Use a railcard. National Railcards offer up to 1/3 off train tickets and offer great value for money if you travel by train several times a year. Find out more about railcards here.
Find journey information for Inverness to London