- InvernessPlatform 2 estimated06:48InvernessPlatform 2 estimated10:06Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 17 estimated10:30Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 5 estimated14:50London Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimated14:50London Kings Cross15:10London EustonLondon EustonSuper Off Peak
- InvernessPlatform 1 estimated08:45InvernessPlatform 1 estimated12:10Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 5 estimated12:10Glasgow Queen Street13:37Glasgow Central13:37Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimated18:30London EustonLondon EustonSuper Off Peak
- InvernessPlatform 4 estimated09:44InvernessPlatform 4 estimated13:10Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated14:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 6 estimated18:39London Kings CrossPlatform 3 estimated18:39London Kings Cross18:59London EustonLondon EustonSuper Off Peak
- InvernessPlatform 4 estimated10:46InvernessPlatform 4 estimated14:25Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated15:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 2 estimated19:40London Kings CrossPlatform 2 estimated19:40London Kings Cross20:05London EustonLondon EustonSuper Off Peak
- InvernessPlatform 3 estimated11:02InvernessPlatform 3 estimated13:06AberdeenPlatform 6N estimated13:12AberdeenPlatform 4 estimated15:33Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated16:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 6 estimated20:46London Kings CrossPlatform 3 estimated20:46London Kings Cross21:11London EustonLondon EustonSuper Off Peak
Journey information from Inverness to London Euston
- Train Fares from: £41
- Fastest route:
- Slowest route:
- Average journey time:
- Changes: 1 to 4
Travelling from Inverness to London by train
There are no direct services for this route but you can take a ScotRail train from Inverness to Edinburgh Haymarket, before changing for a TransPennine Express service to Carlisle. From there, an Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains) train will take you to London Euston. All London North Eastern Railway (LNER) trains come with First Class options including free WiFi (those travelling in Standard can pay a small fee for the service).
If you're travelling from Inverness to London, you may find it quicker to travel from Inverness to London King's Cross instead. You can then take the Underground for one stop to Euston if you need to catch a connecting train from there.
ScotRail provides free WiFi on this route, First Class seating, and there are no restrictions on bikes. However, space is limited during peak hours. There's also an at-seat buffet cart service providing hot and cold drinks and light snacks.
For more information, visit our ScotRail page.
Route information from Inverness to London
From Inverness you'll be taken through the scenic Scottish Highlands. You'll then be able to enjoy the picturesque landscapes of Cairngorms National Park, the largest national park in the British Isles.
After a brief stop in Edinburgh, you'll be treated to a view of the coast and the North Sea before heading down through the North East of England. You'll pass through York and Peterborough as you head towards London Euston.
Things to do in London
It’s hard to decide where to go first in London with so many different things to do. When travelling in the summer, why not grab an ice cream and enjoy the sun in one of the deck chairs scattered around Regents Park or Hyde Park?
On a rainy day, there are plenty of museums just waiting to be discovered. You can walk to South Kensington or go by tube or bus, either way, London’s biggest museums aren’t far away. The Natural History Museum is full of exotic animals and interesting facts about nature, while the Science Museum next door features an array of cool gadgets and interactive displays that are fun for the whole family. Renowned for its excellent shopping opportunities, Oxford Street is the busiest high street in the UK, well-worth a visit for some retail therapy. Don't forget to check out Harrods in Knightsbridge. Britain's most famous luxury department store, it attracts millions of visitors each year.
How long does it take to travel from Inverness to London Euston by train?
The average journey time between Inverness and London Euston is . On an average weekday, there are 6 trains travelling from Inverness to London Euston. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
What is the fastest journey from Inverness to London Euston by train?
The fastest journey time by train is .
How much does the train from Inverness to London Euston cost?
Train tickets from Inverness to London Euston can start from as little as £41 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book.
Are there direct trains from Inverness to London Euston?
No, it is not possible to travel from Inverness to London Euston without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Inverness to London Euston.No direct trains possible
What is the distance between Inverness and London Euston?
The distance between Inverness and London Euston is 443 miles.Distance: 443 miles
What time is the first train from Inverness to London Euston?
The first train from Inverness to London Euston departs at .
What time is the last train from Inverness to London Euston?
The last train from Inverness to London Euston departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from London Euston to Inverness.