- on timeInvernessPlatform 314:48InvernessPlatform 316:53PerthPlatform 417:03PerthPlatform 518:29Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated18:52Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimated22:58Birmingham New StreetPlatform 2 estimated08:30Birmingham New StreetPlatform 2 estimated10:25London EustonLondon EustonSuper Off Peak
- on timeInvernessPlatform 3 estimated15:53InvernessPlatform 3 estimated19:25Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated20:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 2 estimated21:42NewcastlePlatform 3 estimated21:58NewcastlePlatform 9 estimated23:06YorkPlatform 10 estimated08:00YorkPlatform 6 estimated10:17London Kings Cross10:17London Kings Cross10:42London EustonLondon EustonSuper Off Peak
- on timeInvernessPlatform 2 estimated20:15InvernessPlatform 2 estimated23:43Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 2 estimated23:43Glasgow Queen Street08:25Glasgow Central08:25Glasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimated10:57Preston (Lancs)Platform 4 estimated11:17Preston (Lancs)Platform 6 estimated11:59CrewePlatform 5 estimated12:23CrewePlatform 5 estimated14:03London EustonLondon EustonSuper Off Peak
- on timeInvernessPlatform 2 estimated20:15InvernessPlatform 2 estimated23:43Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 2 estimated23:43Glasgow Queen Street09:38Glasgow Central09:38Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimated14:15London EustonLondon EustonSuper Off Peak
- on timeInvernessPlatform 3 estimated21:33InvernessPlatform 3 estimated23:43AberdeenPlatform 6S estimated08:24Aberdeen10:26Dundee11:03DundeePlatform 1 estimated17:07London Kings CrossPlatform 6 estimated17:07London Kings Cross17:32London EustonLondon EustonSuper Off Peak
- InvernessPlatform 1 estimated09:40InvernessPlatform 1 estimated18:14London Kings CrossPlatform 1 estimated18:14London Kings Cross18:39London EustonLondon EustonSuper Off Peak
- InvernessPlatform 3 estimated10:53InvernessPlatform 3 estimated14:08HaymarketPlatform 1 estimated14:16HaymarketPlatform 4 estimated15:30CarlislePlatform 4 estimated15:49CarlislePlatform 4 estimated19:10London EustonLondon EustonSuper Off Peak
- InvernessPlatform 3 estimated10:53InvernessPlatform 3 estimated14:13Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimated14:51Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated20:37London EustonLondon EustonSuper Off Peak
- InvernessPlatform 3 estimated12:42InvernessPlatform 3 estimated15:57Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 2 estimated15:57Glasgow Queen Street16:38Glasgow Central16:38Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimated21:20London EustonLondon EustonSuper Off Peak
- InvernessPlatform 2 estimated13:33InvernessPlatform 2 estimated16:43HaymarketPlatform 1 estimated16:55HaymarketPlatform 4 estimated19:59CrewePlatform 5 estimated20:24CrewePlatform 5 estimated22:25London EustonLondon EustonSuper Off Peak
Travelling from Inverness to London by train
There are no direct services for this route but you can take a ScotRail train from Inverness to Edinburgh Haymarket, before changing for a TransPennine Express service to Carlisle. From there, a Virgin West Coast train will take you to London Euston. All Virgin East Coast trains come with First Class options including free WiFi (those travelling in Standard can pay a small fee for the service).
If you're travelling from Inverness to London, you may find it quicker to travel from Inverness to London King's Cross instead. You can then take the Underground for one stop to Euston if you need to catch a connecting train from there.
To learn more, visit our Virgin Trains East Coast page.
ScotRail provides free WiFi on this route, First Class seating, and there are no restrictions on bikes. However, space is limited during peak hours. There's also an at-seat buffet cart service providing hot and cold drinks and light snacks.
For more information, visit our ScotRail page.
Route information from Inverness to London
From Inverness you'll be taken through the scenic Scottish Highlands. You'll then be able to enjoy the picturesque landscapes of Cairngorms National Park, the largest national park in the British Isles.
After a brief stop in Edinburgh, you'll be treated to a view of the coast and the North Sea before heading down through the North East of England. You'll pass through York and Peterborough as you head towards London Euston.
Things to do in London
It’s hard to decide where to go first in London with so many different things to do. When travelling in the summer, why not grab an ice cream and enjoy the sun in one of the deck chairs scattered around Regents Park or Hyde Park?
On a rainy day, there are plenty of museums just waiting to be discovered. You can walk to South Kensington or go by tube or bus, either way, London’s biggest museums aren’t far away. The Natural History Museum is full of exotic animals and interesting facts about nature, while the Science Museum next door features an array of cool gadgets and interactive displays that are fun for the whole family. Renowned for its excellent shopping opportunities, Oxford Street is the busiest high street in the UK, well-worth a visit for some retail therapy. Don't forget to check out Harrods in Knightsbridge. Britain's most famous luxury department store, it attracts millions of visitors each year.
How long does it take to travel from Inverness to London Euston by train?
The average journey time between Inverness and London Euston is . The fastest journey time is . On an average weekday, there are 1 trains per day travelling from Inverness to London Euston. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
Are there direct trains from Inverness to London Euston?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Inverness to London Euston without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Inverness to London Euston.Direct
What is the distance between Inverness and London Euston?
The distance between Inverness and London Euston is 443 miles.Distance: 443 miles
What time is the first train from Inverness to London Euston?
The first train from Inverness to London Euston departs at .
What time is the last train from Inverness to London Euston?
The last train from Inverness to London Euston departs at .First trainLast trainSleeper services may be available on some trains. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
Find journey information for London Euston to Inverness