- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated09:00London Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated13:17Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated13:30Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 16 estimated14:37DundeePlatform 4 estimatedon timeDundeePlatform 4 estimatedPeak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimatedon timeDundeePlatform 4 estimated0 changesSuper Off Peak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 4 estimated11:00London Kings CrossPlatform 4 estimated15:17Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated15:31Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 17 estimated16:37DundeePlatform 4 estimatedon timeDundeePlatform 4 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated12:00London Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimated16:20Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 11 estimated16:30Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 17 estimated17:39DundeePlatform 4 estimatedon timeDundeePlatform 4 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimated13:00London Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimated17:18Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated17:36Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 18 estimated18:47DundeePlatform 4 estimatedon timeDundeePlatform 4 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 2 estimatedon timeDundeePlatform 4 estimated0 changesSuper Off Peak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 3 estimated15:00London Kings CrossPlatform 3 estimated19:18Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimated19:35Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 16 estimated20:43DundeePlatform 4 estimatedon timeDundeePlatform 4 estimatedPeak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 5 estimatedon timeDundeePlatform 4 estimated0 changesPeak
- on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 2 estimated17:00London Kings CrossPlatform 2 estimated21:21Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 2 estimated21:43Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 20 estimated22:52DundeePlatform 4 estimatedon timeDundeePlatform 4 estimatedPeak
- on timeLondon Euston17:30London Euston22:02Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimated22:02Glasgow Central22:48Glasgow Queen Street22:48Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 5 estimated00:36DundeePlatform 3 estimatedon timeDundeePlatform 3 estimatedSuper Off Peak
Travelling from London to Dundee by train
The first leg of your London to Dundee trip will be a Virgin East Coast train travelling up to Edinburgh Waverley, where you'll change to a ScotRail service to continue your journey north.
All Virgin East Coast trains feature a buffet car called The Foodbar, usually located either in coach J or H. Here, you can purchase hot and cold food and drink throughout the day. On most journeys, you'll also find a full drinks menu and an at-seat trolley service. If you travel in First Class, the food and drink are complimentary but subject to availability. WiFi is free for those travelling in First Class, while those travelling in Standard will need to pay a small fee for the service. Additionally, most trains feature a Quiet Coach.
To learn more, visit our Virgin Trains East Coast page.
ScotRail also provides onboard WiFi access on this journey, while an at-seat catering service allows you to purchase hot and cold drinks as well as light snacks.
For more information about their onboard facilities, visit our ScotRail page.
Route information from London to Dundee
On this journey you'll enjoy scenic views of the East coast, taking in sights across Yorkshire and Cumbria. You'll travel through Newcastle, Berwick-upon-Tweed and Edinburgh, with the banks of the River Tyne being a highlight. The train will then take you along the North Sea coast. If you're sat on the right and it's a clear day, look out for views of the coastline. You'll then soon enter Edinburgh and catch sight of the city's famous castle before you're off again towards Dundee. Be sure to get the cameras ready as you cross the Forth Bridge, one of Scotland's most famous structures, crossing the Fife of Forth as the river heads into the North Sea.
Things to do in Dundee
Learn about the history of the Highland Regiments at The Highlanders’ Museum. For ship enthusiasts. you can step aboard the RRS Discovery, Captain Scott's vessel for his first Antarctic expedition. It's part-museum, part-boat and a great time capsule worth exploring.
How long does it take to travel from London to Dundee by train?
The average journey time between London and Dundee is . The fastest journey time is . On an average weekday, there are 4 trains per day travelling from London to Dundee. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
Are there direct trains from London to Dundee?
Yes, it is possible to travel from London to Dundee without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from London to Dundee.Direct
What is the distance between London and Dundee?
The distance between London and Dundee is 361 miles.Distance: 361 miles
What time is the first train from London to Dundee?
The first train from London to Dundee departs at .
What time is the last train from London to Dundee?
The last train from London to Dundee departs at .First trainLast trainSleeper services may be available on some trains. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
Savings tips for London to Dundee
- If you take this train more than 3 times per week, you may be able save money with a Season Ticket. Find out more and see if you can buy a season ticket for London to Dundee here.
- Use a railcard. National Railcards offer up to 1/3 off train tickets and offer great value for money if you travel by train several times a year. Find out more about railcards here.
Find journey information for Dundee to London