- Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 11 estimated23:40Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 11 estimated07:07London Euston07:07London Euston08:02London Paddington08:02London PaddingtonPlatform 6 estimated09:36Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 13 estimatedBristol Temple MeadsPlatform 13 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 14 estimated23:45Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 14 estimated00:36Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 700:36Glasgow Queen Street04:28Glasgow Central04:28Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimated06:54Preston (Lancs)Platform 6 estimated07:18Preston (Lancs)Platform 4 estimated08:33WolverhamptonPlatform 4 estimated08:40WolverhamptonPlatform 3 estimated08:57Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1A estimated09:12Birmingham New StreetPlatform 11 estimated10:31Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 12 estimatedon timeBristol Temple MeadsPlatform 12 estimatedPeak
- on timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 14 estimated23:45Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 14 estimated00:36Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 700:36Glasgow Queen Street04:28Glasgow Central04:28Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimated06:54Preston (Lancs)Platform 6 estimated07:18Preston (Lancs)Platform 4 estimated08:33WolverhamptonPlatform 4 estimated09:17WolverhamptonPlatform 4 estimated11:08Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 12 estimatedBristol Temple MeadsPlatform 12 estimatedPeak
- on timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 2 estimated05:48Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 2 estimated07:26NewcastlePlatform 3 estimated07:35NewcastlePlatform 10 estimated10:27Birmingham New StreetPlatform 10A estimated10:42Birmingham New StreetPlatform 2B estimated12:08Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 6 estimatedBristol Temple MeadsPlatform 6 estimatedPeak
- on timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 7 estimatedon timeBristol Temple MeadsPlatform 10 estimated0 changesPeak
- on timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated06:52Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated10:33WolverhamptonPlatform 4 estimated10:42WolverhamptonPlatform 3 estimated10:58Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1A estimated11:12Birmingham New StreetPlatform 11 estimated12:32Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 10 estimatedon timeBristol Temple MeadsPlatform 10 estimatedPeak
- on timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 5 estimated07:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 5 estimated11:27Birmingham New StreetPlatform 10A estimated11:42Birmingham New StreetPlatform 2B estimated13:04Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 10 estimatedBristol Temple MeadsPlatform 10 estimatedPeak
Travelling from Edinburgh to Bristol by train
From Aberdeen there's a direct train every hour to Bristol Temple Meads, operated by CrossCountry.
CrossCountry trains all come with a First Class option. There's a buffet car on most trains, if not, then there will be a buffet cart providing at-seat service. Most CrossCountry trains on this route feature a Quiet Coach and there's free WiFi if you travel in First Class (WiFi can be purchased for a small fee if you're seated in Standard).
For more information, visit our CrossCountry page.
Route information from Edinburgh to Bristol
Starting your journey from Edinburgh, you can look forward to some breathtaking views of Scotland´s Lowlands and the scenic landscapes of the British East coast. Next stop is Newcastle, a lively, yet friendly city where Roman and Anglo-Saxon elements are perfectly combined.
After that, the train journey takes you to York, Leeds, Sheffield and the Peak District before heading to Birmingham. You'll then pass by the Cotswolds, the bucolic villages of South Central England that have strayed into the 21st-century from another era.
Things to do in Bristol
Bristol is the city of bridges. For that reason, make sure you visit the Clifton Suspension Bridge, which spans the Avon Gorge and the River Avon. Another highlight of the city is its fantastic street art. After all, Bristol is Banksy´s hometown.
If you happen to be in the city in July, don´t miss Bristol's Shakespeare Festival, one of the most important literature festivals in Britain.
How long does it take to travel from Edinburgh to Bristol Temple Meads by train?
The average journey time between Edinburgh and Bristol Temple Meads is . On an average weekday, there are 15 trains travelling from Edinburgh to Bristol Temple Meads. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
What is the fastest journey from Edinburgh to Bristol Temple Meads by train?
The fastest journey time by train is .
How much does the train from Edinburgh to Bristol Temple Meads cost?
Train tickets from Edinburgh to Bristol Temple Meads can start from as little as £59.45 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book.
Are there direct trains from Edinburgh to Bristol Temple Meads?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Edinburgh to Bristol Temple Meads without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Edinburgh to Bristol Temple Meads.Direct
What is the distance between Edinburgh and Bristol Temple Meads?
The distance between Edinburgh and Bristol Temple Meads is 312 miles.Distance: 312 miles
What time is the first train from Edinburgh to Bristol Temple Meads?
The first train from Edinburgh to Bristol Temple Meads departs at .
What time is the last train from Edinburgh to Bristol Temple Meads?
The last train from Edinburgh to Bristol Temple Meads departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from Bristol Temple Meads to Edinburgh.