- on timeBristol Temple MeadsPlatform 712:30Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 713:56Birmingham New StreetPlatform 9A estimated14:15Birmingham New StreetPlatform 6 estimated18:21Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimatedon timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeBristol Temple MeadsPlatform 7on timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9E estimated0 changesOff Peak
- on timeBristol Temple MeadsPlatform 613:00Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 615:59Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated16:26Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 14 estimated19:37Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 10 estimatedon timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 10 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeBristol Temple MeadsPlatform 613:30Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 614:56Birmingham New StreetPlatform 9 estimated15:15Birmingham New StreetPlatform 6 estimated16:52Preston (Lancs)Platform 3 estimated17:03Preston (Lancs)Platform 3 estimated19:37Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 10 estimatedon timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 10 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeBristol Temple MeadsPlatform 6on timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 11 estimated0 changesOff Peak
- on timeBristol Temple MeadsPlatform 714:30Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 715:56Birmingham New StreetPlatform 9 estimated16:15Birmingham New StreetPlatform 6 estimated20:23Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimatedon timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeBristol Temple MeadsPlatform 615:00Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 617:59Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated18:26Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 14 estimated21:39Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 10 estimatedon timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 10 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeBristol Temple MeadsPlatform 6 estimated17:00Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 6 estimated19:59Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated20:26Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 14 estimated23:41Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9W estimatedon timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9W estimatedOff Peak
Travelling from Bristol to Edinburgh Waverley by train
This route is most convenient if you make one change along the way. Firstly, a CrossCountry service from Bristol Temple Meads to Birmingham New Street, followed by a Virgin West Coast train from Birmingham to Edinburgh.
Most CrossCountry trains will have a Quiet Coach for passengers to relax in, while there's also usually a buffet car serving food and drinks, with hot and cold options available. If your train has no buffet car then a food cart is typically available for an at-seat service. There's complimentary WiFi in First Class, while those seated in Standard will need to pay a small fee to use the service.
For the second part of your journey, find out more about travelling with Virgin Trains here.
Route information from Bristol to Edinburgh
Bristol to Edinburgh is a great way to see the various landscapes of the UK. This journey will take you through the Cotswolds, on to Birmingham, Derby and Sheffield – the steel city. From there other highlights include York, Newcastle and the splendid Scottish coastline.
Things to do in Edinburgh
Edinburgh boasts plenty of attractions and is a welcome break for anyone interested in a city visit. Edinburgh Castle is the obvious and most popular sight to see, home to Scotland's crown jewels and the Stone of Destiny. Thanks to its elevated position on the hill of Castle Rock, you'll have a stunning view of the city's skyline.
Not to be missed is a trip down the Royal Mile, a strip connecting the castle with Holyrood Palace, the Queen's residence in Scotland. Walking down the Royal Mile, you'll pass by stunning buildings, traditional shops and street performers, but don't forget to enjoy a pint at one of the many long-established pubs.
In the massive and family-friendly National Museum of Scotland, located in the old town, you can learn more about Scottish history and territory. Make sure not to leave the museum before seeing the Millennium clock tower and listening to its chimes.
During August there's the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, where the country’s top comedians come to perform new material for a wide range of audiences.
How long does it take to travel from Bristol Temple Meads to Edinburgh by train?
The average journey time between Bristol Temple Meads and Edinburgh is . The fastest journey time is . On an average weekday, there are 12 trains per day travelling from Bristol Temple Meads to Edinburgh. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
Are there direct trains from Bristol Temple Meads to Edinburgh?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Bristol Temple Meads to Edinburgh without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Bristol Temple Meads to Edinburgh.Direct
What is the distance between Bristol Temple Meads and Edinburgh?
The distance between Bristol Temple Meads and Edinburgh is 312 miles.Distance: 312 miles
What time is the first train from Bristol Temple Meads to Edinburgh?
The first train from Bristol Temple Meads to Edinburgh departs at .
What time is the last train from Bristol Temple Meads to Edinburgh?
The last train from Bristol Temple Meads to Edinburgh departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
Find journey information for Edinburgh to Bristol Temple Meads