- on timeManchester PiccadillyPlatform 8 estimated05:30Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 8 estimated06:57Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1B estimated07:12Birmingham New StreetPlatform 11A estimated09:15TauntonPlatform 2 estimated09:25Taunton10:35Exeter St David's10:45Exeter St David'sPlatform 6 estimated11:54PlymouthPlatform 5 estimated12:45PlymouthPlatform 4 estimated14:02TruroPlatform 2 estimatedTruroPlatform 2 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeManchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated06:10Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated07:17TamworthPlatform 2 estimated07:49Tamworth10:16TauntonPlatform 2 estimated10:25Taunton11:35Exeter St David's11:44Exeter St David'sPlatform 6 estimated12:53PlymouthPlatform 5 estimated13:10PlymouthPlatform 8 estimated14:23TruroPlatform 2 estimatedTruroPlatform 2 estimatedOff Peak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 8 estimated08:27Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 8 estimated09:58Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1A estimated10:12Birmingham New StreetPlatform 11B estimated12:15TauntonPlatform 2 estimated12:25Taunton13:35Exeter St David's13:44Exeter St David'sPlatform 6 estimated14:53PlymouthPlatform 5 estimated15:10PlymouthPlatform 6 estimated16:23TruroPlatform 2 estimatedTruroPlatform 2 estimatedOff Peak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated10:27Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated11:59Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1A estimated12:12Birmingham New StreetPlatform 11B estimated14:16TauntonPlatform 2 estimated14:25Taunton15:35Exeter St David's15:44Exeter St David'sPlatform 6 estimated16:53PlymouthPlatform 5 estimated17:26PlymouthPlatform 6 estimated18:38TruroPlatform 2 estimatedTruroPlatform 2 estimatedOff Peak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated10:27Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated11:59Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1A estimated12:12Birmingham New StreetPlatform 11B estimated14:16TauntonPlatform 2 estimated14:25Taunton15:35Exeter St David's16:21Exeter St David'sPlatform 3 estimated19:27TruroPlatform 2 estimatedTruroPlatform 2 estimatedOff Peak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated12:27Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated13:58Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1A estimated14:12Birmingham New StreetPlatform 11B estimated16:14TauntonPlatform 2 estimated16:25Taunton17:35Exeter St David's17:44Exeter St David'sPlatform 5 estimated20:09TruroPlatform 2 estimatedTruroPlatform 2 estimatedOff Peak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated14:27Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated15:58Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1A estimated16:12Birmingham New StreetPlatform 11B estimated18:15TauntonPlatform 2 estimated18:25Taunton19:35Exeter St David's19:45Exeter St David'sPlatform 6 estimated22:16TruroPlatform 2 estimatedTruroPlatform 2 estimatedOff Peak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 8 estimated17:05Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 8 estimated20:05Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 3 estimated20:22Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 13 estimated21:01WestburyPlatform 1 estimated21:26WestburyPlatform 1 estimated00:34PlymouthPlatform 4 estimated08:59PlymouthPlatform 6 estimated10:18TruroPlatform 2 estimatedTruroPlatform 2 estimatedOff Peak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated17:27Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated18:58Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1A estimated19:12Birmingham New StreetPlatform 11B estimated21:15TauntonPlatform 2 estimated21:49Taunton22:54Exeter St David's23:15Exeter St David'sPlatform 3 estimated00:34PlymouthPlatform 4 estimated08:59PlymouthPlatform 6 estimated10:18TruroPlatform 2 estimatedTruroPlatform 2 estimatedOff Peak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 9 estimated18:27Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 9 estimated19:59Birmingham New StreetPlatform 3A estimated20:12Birmingham New StreetPlatform 12B estimated22:15TauntonPlatform 2 estimated23:27Taunton00:40Exeter St David's08:36Exeter St David'sPlatform 5 estimated11:22TruroPlatform 2 estimatedTruroPlatform 2 estimatedOff Peak
Journey information from Manchester Piccadilly to Truro
- Train Fares from: £57.60
- Fastest route:
- Slowest route:
- Average journey time:
- Changes: 1 to 4
Travelling from Manchester to Cornwall by train
Travelling from Manchester to Cornwall by train is a fantastic alternative to flying. Taking a CrossCountry train from Manchester Piccadilly to Exeter St David's, before a Great Western Railway service from there onto Truro, this is a scenic route not to be missed. CrossCountry trains all come with a First Class option. There's a buffet car on most trains, if not, then a buffet cart will provide an at-seat service. All CrossCountry trains on this route come with a Quiet Coach, while those travelling in First Class can enjoy complimentary WiFi (passengers in Standard can pay a small fee for the service).
Visit our Great Western Railway page for more information about their onboard services, for the second part of your journey.
Manchester to Cornwall Route Information
The train from Manchester to Truro will take you into the heart of Cornwall, and give you a chance to see some wonderful sights along the South Coast. After travelling down through the West Midlands and Somerset via a CrossCountry train, it’s time to change at Exeter St David’s for a Great Western Railway journey along the coast. Make sure to grab a seat on the left, as this will give you a front row seat along the Dawlish Sea Wall. Here is where the train line travels just metres from the sea, giving you endless views of the English Channel out to the horizon. For over 10 miles, this view is one of the most picturesque on the whole British rail network. After heading inland and skirting the edge of Dartmoor National Park, you’ll pass through Plymouth and continue into Cornwall. After crossing the famous Royal Albert Bridge, you’ll continue to meander through Cornwall, before finally reaching Truro.
Things to do in Cornwall
First and foremost, a trip to the Eden Project is something not to be missed. Full of tropical plant life, this is an educational experience for all, and Cornwall’s most famous attraction. You can also visit one of Cornwall’s many coasts, taking long walks along the beaches and cliffs, a great escape from city life. Alternatively, why not have a go at surfing? Truro has some great beaches to give it a go. Whether you are a novice or seasoned surfer, there's plenty of opportunities for everyone to ride the waves.
How long does it take to travel from Manchester Piccadilly to Truro by train?
The average journey time between Manchester Piccadilly and Truro is . The fastest journey time is . On an average weekday, there are 30 trains per day travelling from Manchester Piccadilly to Truro. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
Are there direct trains from Manchester Piccadilly to Truro?
No, it is not possible to travel from Manchester Piccadilly to Truro without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Manchester Piccadilly to Truro.No direct trains possible
What is the distance between Manchester Piccadilly and Truro?
The distance between Manchester Piccadilly and Truro is 253 miles.Distance: 253 miles
What time is the first train from Manchester Piccadilly to Truro?
The first train from Manchester Piccadilly to Truro departs at .
What time is the last train from Manchester Piccadilly to Truro?
The last train from Manchester Piccadilly to Truro departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
Find journey information for Truro to Manchester Piccadilly