- on timeManchester PiccadillyPlatform 7 estimated20:05Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 7 estimated21:33Birmingham New StreetPlatform 10B estimated22:12Birmingham New StreetPlatform 12B estimated00:08Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 3 estimated05:24Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 5 estimated09:08ParPlatform 1 estimated09:17ParPlatform 3 estimated10:09NewquayNewquayPeak
- on timeManchester PiccadillyPlatform 7 estimated22:05Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 7 estimated23:33Birmingham New StreetPlatform 1B estimated06:42Birmingham New StreetPlatform 11B estimated09:14TauntonPlatform 2 estimated09:45TauntonPlatform 2 estimated12:06ParPlatform 1 estimated12:11ParPlatform 3 estimated13:02NewquayNewquayPeak
- on timeManchester Piccadilly23:35Manchester Piccadilly01:50Chester04:22ChesterPlatform 3A estimated06:09Birmingham New StreetPlatform 6B estimated06:42Birmingham New StreetPlatform 11B estimated09:14TauntonPlatform 2 estimated09:45TauntonPlatform 2 estimated12:06ParPlatform 1 estimated12:11ParPlatform 3 estimated13:02NewquayNewquayPeak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 8 estimated08:31Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 8 estimated11:20Newport (South Wales)Platform 2 estimated12:10Newport (South Wales)Platform 1 estimated13:43Exeter St David'sPlatform 4 estimated14:08Exeter St David'sPlatform 4 estimated15:59ParPlatform 1 estimated16:10ParPlatform 3 estimated17:02NewquayNewquayPeak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 8 estimated10:31Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 8 estimated13:22Newport (South Wales)Platform 1 estimated14:06Newport (South Wales)Platform 2 estimated15:16TauntonPlatform 2 estimated15:50TauntonPlatform 2 estimated18:22ParPlatform 1 estimated18:29ParPlatform 3 estimated19:21NewquayNewquayOff Peak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 8 estimated12:31Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 8 estimated15:21Newport (South Wales)Platform 2 estimated16:05Newport (South Wales)Platform 1 estimated19:45ParPlatform 1 estimated20:28ParPlatform 3 estimated21:20NewquayNewquayOff Peak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated20:27Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated22:00Birmingham New StreetPlatform 7B estimated22:12Birmingham New StreetPlatform 11B estimated00:09Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 3 estimated05:24Bristol Temple MeadsPlatform 5 estimated09:08ParPlatform 1 estimated09:17ParPlatform 3 estimated10:09NewquayNewquayPeak
- Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated22:07Manchester PiccadillyPlatform 5 estimated23:35Birmingham New StreetPlatform 4M estimated06:42Birmingham New StreetPlatform 11B estimated09:14TauntonPlatform 2 estimated09:45TauntonPlatform 2 estimated12:06ParPlatform 1 estimated12:11ParPlatform 3 estimated13:02NewquayNewquayPeak
Travelling from Manchester to Newquay by train
The train from Manchester to Newquay is typically split up into three different journeys. Manchester to Exeter St David’s, Exeter to Par, and finally Par to Newquay. This route is served by CrossCountry to Exeter St David’s, followed by two Great Western Railway trains from there. CrossCountry trains all come with a First Class option. There's a buffet car on most trains, if not, then a buffet cart will provide an at-seat service. Most CrossCountry trains on this route come with a Quiet Coach and there's free WiFi in First Class (passengers in Standard must pay a small fee for the service). For more information about Great Western Railway local train services, visit our GWR page.
Manchester to Newquay Route Information
Manchester to Newquay by train takes you through some of the most scenic areas of the West Midlands, culminating in a trip through the Cotswolds before you reach Bristol. Once you leave Bristol, you'll enjoy a trip through Somerset's farmland, before entering Devon and reaching Exeter St David’s. You’ll leave Exeter and immediately ride along one of the most iconic parts of the UK rail system, the Dawlish Sea Wall. For over 10 miles you ride along the absolute edge of the Devonshire coast, with nothing but sea in front of you. Make sure to find a seat on the left in order to take in the amazing views. After your final change at Par, it’s time to cross over to the north of Cornwall and head to Newquay. You’ll see the very edge of the Bristol Channel as you pull into the station, and the invigorating sea breeze will greet you as soon as you step off the train.
Things to do in Newquay
Famed for its incredible surfing opportunities, we highly recommend you take to the waves when in Newquay. Alternatively, you can check out the Blue Reef Aquarium or Newquay Zoo - both great ways to entertain the kids over a long weekend.
How long does it take to travel from Manchester Piccadilly to Newquay by train?
The average journey time between Manchester Piccadilly and Newquay is . The fastest journey time is . On an average weekday, there are 21 trains per day travelling from Manchester Piccadilly to Newquay. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
Are there direct trains from Manchester Piccadilly to Newquay?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Manchester Piccadilly to Newquay without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Manchester Piccadilly to Newquay.Direct
What is the distance between Manchester Piccadilly and Newquay?
The distance between Manchester Piccadilly and Newquay is 244 miles.Distance: 244 miles
What time is the first train from Manchester Piccadilly to Newquay?
The first train from Manchester Piccadilly to Newquay departs at .
What time is the last train from Manchester Piccadilly to Newquay?
The last train from Manchester Piccadilly to Newquay departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
Savings tips for Manchester Piccadilly to Newquay
- If you take this train more than 3 times per week, you may be able save money with a Season Ticket. Find out more and see if you can buy a season ticket for Manchester Piccadilly to Newquay here.
- Use a railcard. National Railcards offer up to 1/3 off train tickets and offer great value for money if you travel by train several times a year. Find out more about railcards here.
Find journey information for Newquay to Manchester Piccadilly