- on timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 521:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 500:48LeedsPlatform 12 estimated06:11LeedsPlatform 15 estimated11:48PlymouthPlatform 6 estimatedPlymouthPlatform 6 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 11 estimated23:40Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 11 estimated07:07London Euston07:07London Euston08:03London Paddington08:03London PaddingtonPlatform 3 estimated11:10PlymouthPlatform 4 estimatedPlymouthPlatform 4 estimatedPeak
- Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 6 estimatedPlymouthPlatform 5 estimated0 changesOff Peak
- Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 11 estimated06:13Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 11 estimated08:46Preston (Lancs)Platform 6 estimated09:17Preston (Lancs)Platform 5 estimated10:34WolverhamptonPlatform 4 estimated10:42WolverhamptonPlatform 3 estimated10:58Birmingham New StreetPlatform 2 estimated11:12Birmingham New StreetPlatform 12 estimated14:48PlymouthPlatform 5 estimatedPlymouthPlatform 5 estimatedOff Peak
- Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 5 estimated06:24Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 5 estimated10:49London Kings CrossPlatform 5 estimated10:49London Kings Cross11:35London Paddington11:35London PaddingtonPlatform 9 estimated14:57PlymouthPlatform 6 estimatedPlymouthPlatform 6 estimatedPeak
- on timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 19 estimatedon timePlymouthPlatform 4 estimated0 changesOff Peak
- Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated07:30Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimated11:48London Kings CrossPlatform 1 estimated11:48London Kings Cross13:03London Paddington13:03London PaddingtonPlatform 4 estimated16:23PlymouthPlatform 5 estimatedPlymouthPlatform 5 estimatedPeak
- Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 6 estimated08:30Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 6 estimated12:52London Kings CrossPlatform 3 estimated12:52London Kings Cross14:03London Paddington14:03London PaddingtonPlatform 1 estimated17:16PlymouthPlatform 5 estimatedPlymouthPlatform 5 estimatedPeak
- Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 11 estimatedPlymouthPlatform 4 estimated0 changesOff Peak
- Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimated10:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimated12:29YorkPlatform 5 estimated12:44YorkPlatform 5 estimated18:46PlymouthPlatform 4 estimatedPlymouthPlatform 4 estimatedOff Peak
How long does it take to travel from Edinburgh to Plymouth by train?
The average journey time between Edinburgh and Plymouth is . On an average weekday, there are 18 trains travelling from Edinburgh to Plymouth. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
What is the fastest journey from Edinburgh to Plymouth by train?
The fastest journey time by train is .
How much does the train from Edinburgh to Plymouth cost?
Train tickets from Edinburgh to Plymouth can start from as little as £70.50 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book.
Are there direct trains from Edinburgh to Plymouth?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Edinburgh to Plymouth without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Edinburgh to Plymouth.Direct
What is the distance between Edinburgh and Plymouth?
The distance between Edinburgh and Plymouth is 387 miles.Distance: 387 miles
What time is the first train from Edinburgh to Plymouth?
The first train from Edinburgh to Plymouth departs at .
What time is the last train from Edinburgh to Plymouth?
The last train from Edinburgh to Plymouth departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from Plymouth to Edinburgh.