- on timeWindermerePlatform 120:44WindermerePlatform 121:04Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 321:33Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 223:38Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimatedon timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimatedPeak
- on timeWindermerePlatform 121:45WindermerePlatform 122:05Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 3 estimated22:33Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 2 estimated00:53Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimated00:53Glasgow Central06:00Glasgow Queen Street06:00Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 4 estimated06:50Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 14 estimatedon timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 14 estimatedPeak
- WindermerePlatform 1 estimated06:43WindermerePlatform 1 estimated07:03Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 3 estimated07:32Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 2 estimated09:38Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 14 estimatedEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 14 estimatedPeak
- WindermerePlatform 1 estimated07:55WindermerePlatform 1 estimated08:15Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 3 estimated08:22Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 2 estimated10:18Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimatedon timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 8 estimatedPeak
- WindermerePlatform 1 estimated08:51WindermerePlatform 1 estimated09:08Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 3 estimated09:33Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 2 estimated11:35Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimatedEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 15 estimatedPeak
- WindermerePlatform 1 estimated09:34WindermerePlatform 1 estimated09:53Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 3 estimated10:22Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 2 estimated12:22Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimatedon timeEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimatedPeak
- WindermerePlatform 1 estimated11:43WindermerePlatform 1 estimated12:01Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 3 estimated12:21Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 2 estimated14:19Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimatedEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimatedPeak
- Windermere12:32Windermere12:52Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 3 estimated13:32Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 2 estimated15:34Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 10 estimatedEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 10 estimatedPeak
- WindermerePlatform 1 estimated13:35WindermerePlatform 1 estimated13:55Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 3 estimated14:08Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 2 estimated14:46CarlislePlatform 1 estimated15:01CarlislePlatform 1 estimated16:20Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimatedEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9 estimatedPeak
- WindermerePlatform 1 estimated14:25WindermerePlatform 1 estimated14:45Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 3 estimated15:22Oxenholme Lake DistrictPlatform 2 estimated16:00CarlislePlatform 3 estimated16:12CarlislePlatform 3 estimated17:36Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 7 estimatedEdinburgh (Waverley)Platform 7 estimatedPeak
Journey information from Windermere to Edinburgh
- Train Fares from: £9.90
- Fastest route:
- Slowest route:
- Average journey time:
- Changes: 1 to 2
How long does it take to travel from Windermere to Edinburgh by train?
The average journey time between Windermere and Edinburgh is . The fastest journey time is . On an average weekday, there are 15 trains per day travelling from Windermere to Edinburgh. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
Are there direct trains from Windermere to Edinburgh?
No, it is not possible to travel from Windermere to Edinburgh without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Windermere to Edinburgh.No direct trains possible
What is the distance between Windermere and Edinburgh?
The distance between Windermere and Edinburgh is 109 miles.Distance: 109 miles
What time is the first train from Windermere to Edinburgh?
The first train from Windermere to Edinburgh departs at .
What time is the last train from Windermere to Edinburgh?
The last train from Windermere to Edinburgh departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
Savings tips for Windermere to Edinburgh
- If you take this train more than 3 times per week, you may be able save money with a Season Ticket. Find out more and see if you can buy a season ticket for Windermere to Edinburgh here.
- Use a railcard. National Railcards offer up to 1/3 off train tickets and offer great value for money if you travel by train several times a year. Find out more about railcards here.
- Sign up for our Advance Ticket Alerts. Often, train companies release their tickets up to 12 weeks in advance – the price of these tickets can rise over time, so it's beneficial to grab yours early!
Find journey information for Edinburgh to Windermere