- departedDurhamPlatform 109:15DurhamPlatform 110:07YorkPlatform 510:27YorkPlatform 5A12:32London Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimatedon timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 8 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeDurhamPlatform 1on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 3 estimated0 changesSuper Off Peak
- on timeDurhamPlatform 109:55DurhamPlatform 110:42YorkPlatform 310:57YorkPlatform 312:48London Kings CrossPlatform 2 estimatedon timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 2 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeDurhamPlatform 1on timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 1 estimated0 changesSuper Off Peak
- on timeDurhamPlatform 1 estimated10:48DurhamPlatform 1 estimated11:57DoncasterPlatform 8 estimated12:08DoncasterPlatform 1 estimated13:44London Kings CrossPlatform 5a estimatedon timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 5a estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeDurhamPlatform 1 estimated10:54DurhamPlatform 1 estimated11:42YorkPlatform 3 estimated11:58YorkPlatform 5 estimated13:47London Kings CrossPlatform 3 estimatedon timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 3 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeDurhamPlatform 1 estimatedon timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 1 estimated0 changesSuper Off Peak
- on timeDurhamPlatform 1 estimated11:54DurhamPlatform 1 estimated12:41YorkPlatform 3 estimated12:58YorkPlatform 3 estimated14:51London Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimatedon timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 7 estimatedSuper Off Peak
- on timeDurhamPlatform 1 estimatedon timeLondon Kings Cross0 changesSuper Off Peak
- on timeDurhamPlatform 1 estimated12:54DurhamPlatform 1 estimated13:42YorkPlatform 3 estimated13:58YorkPlatform 5 estimated15:49London Kings CrossPlatform 2 estimatedon timeLondon Kings CrossPlatform 2 estimatedSuper Off Peak
Durham to London train times information
Both direct and indirect routes to London call at Durham hourly. Virgin Trains East Coast provide a direct service to London Kings Cross which takes approximately 3 hours. CrossCountry operates an indirect route changing at York which also takes roughly 3 hours.
Breakfast options are available to all passengers until 10am. While first class travellers have the choice from an at-seat dining menu, standard class have a choice of porridge, pastries and various healthy options.
CrossCountry services provide snacks for travellers between 6am and 8pm and there is also wheelchair space available in Coach A for first class passengers and Coach F for standard class.*Information correct at time of writing (March 2011). May be subject to change
How long does it take to travel from Durham to London by train?
The average journey time between Durham and London is . The fastest journey time is . On an average weekday, there are 19 trains per day travelling from Durham to London. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
Are there direct trains from Durham to London?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Durham to London without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Durham to London.Direct
What is the distance between Durham and London?
The distance between Durham and London is 234 miles.Distance: 234 miles
What time is the first train from Durham to London?
The first train from Durham to London departs at .
What time is the last train from Durham to London?
The last train from Durham to London departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
Savings tips for Durham to London
- If you take this train more than 3 times per week, you may be able save money with a Season Ticket. Find out more and see if you can buy a season ticket for Durham to London here.
- Use a railcard. National Railcards offer up to 1/3 off train tickets and offer great value for money if you travel by train several times a year. Find out more about railcards here.
Find journey information for London to Durham