Station details & facilities
Spread over four levels the ground floor serves primarily as an entry point with stairs and lifts down to the lower ground floor ticket hall. At the lower ground floor level, you can find a large ticket hall with the ticket office and self-service machines, newsagent and coffee shop. From this floor, passengers can take either the escalators, stairs or one of two lifts down to the platforms.
The London Overground platform levels are numbered 3 and 4. For services towards Clapham Junction, New Cross or Crystal Palace head to platform 3, for services towards Dalston Junction or Highbury & Islington head to platform 4.
At street level, there is a bus stop with a large number of routes available. These include: 47, 188, 381, 199, 225, N199 and N381.
- Ticket Machine : False
- Staff help available : False
- Travel card zone : Zone 2
- Oyster Prepay :
- Oyster topup :
- Oyster validator :
- Postbox : False
- Telephones : False
- Telephones type : Coins and cards
Customer Service Notes :
To be confirmed by station operator.
- Customer help points : False
- Car parking spaces : 0
- Step-free access : Part of station
- Ramps for train access : False
- Wheelchairs available : False
- Induction Loop :
- Accessible ticket machines : False
- Accessible Booking Office counter : False