The Seven Sisters in South Tottenham is named after seven trees planted to represent local families with daughters, and ceramic tiles in the underground section of the station are a head nod to the centuries' old tree legend. Built in 1872 and renovated in 1967, to make way for the Victoria metro line, Seven Sisters has more development on the horizon, when it becomes a stop on Crossrail 2 line in 2019.
Original construction of the station sparked development and two-up-two-downs sprung up all around the rail tracks as the town grew as a popular place to live within Greater London. Today, the area is a multicultural melting pot with Wards Corner, a buzzing Latin-themed indoor market, immediately above the station, and the busy streets of West Green Road and Philip Lane offering all kinds of international cuisine. A recent community project called Avenue Orchard has reclaimed local wasteland to plant apple trees and bring more green to the city.