Opened in 1857, Sleaford station serves the small town of Sleaford in Lincolnshire, twenty miles south of Lincoln, the county's largest station. It's the only station in the region to be served by both north-to-south lines and east-to-west lines, and offers services to Peterborough and Skegness from platform 1, and to Nottingham and Lincoln from platforms 2 and 3. Journeys to Peterborough take about 45 minutes, and journeys to Nottingham about 50.
Sleaford's sprawling town centre is to the north of the station - head straight up Southgate, passing the Handley Memorial and crossing the River Slea. It's packed with local and big-name shops, restaurants and cafes. Away from the shops, the market town's most popular attractions are its historical landmarks, including its former mills, many of which are now restaurants; the 12th century St Deny's Church; and the Sleaford Castle ruins, a ten-minute walk west of the station.