Pitsea station, on the south side of Basildon, Essex, is on the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway line. The arrival of the railway in the 1888 saw the area slowly develop until Basildon New Town took the small village into its borders in the 1950s. But Pitsea retained its own character, with plenty of reasons to visit. Pitsea market is a must for lovers of vintage fashion, while the High Road - a ten-minute walk north of the station - has a number of independent and high-street shops, bars and eateries. To the south of the station is the bird-watchers paradise, RSPB Vange Marsh.
Regular services, at least two per hour, leave Pitsea station for Shoeburyness and Southend Central from platforms 1 and 3, while passengers heading to London Fenchurch Street have a choice of four trains per hour via both Basildon and Tilbury, from platforms 2 and 4.