Ludlow station lies on the Welsh Marches Line between Shrewsbury and Hereford, serving the market town of Ludlow in Shropshire. The station was built in 1852 as the southern terminus of the first section of the Shrewsbury and Hereford Railway, and today runs regular passenger services to Crewe, Manchester Piccadilly, Shrewsbury, Hereford, Newport, Cardiff Central, Milford Haven, Chester and Holyhead.
Ludlow's town centre, just half a mile from the station, has a great and well-deserved reputation for food - at one point was the only town in England with three Michelin-starred restaurants. And as well as haute cuisine, there are countless delis, bistros and local pubs serving up fantastic local produce. The climax of the town's food year is the Ludlow Food Festival, which takes over the historic town centre in mid-September. Ludlow also has a microbrewery, whose brewhouse and public bar are housed in an goods shed a few minutes' walk from the modern station.