Loughborough Junction is a south London suburb just east of Brixton, lying in the London Borough of Lambeth between Elephant & Castle and Herne Hill.
Opened in 1864 as Loughborough Road, the local station originally provided a vital link for workers heading into the City of London, before expanding to include additional routes running to the east and west. It was renamed Loughborough Junction in in 1872, with the remaining Loughborough Road platforms finally becoming redundant in 1916. Today it's a busy commuter station, with northbound Thameslink services reaching London Blackfriars in less than 10 minutes, and continuing through City Thameslink, Farringdon and St Pancras. Southbound services head out towards Sutton and Wimbledon.
But it isn't just good transport links that account for the area's popularity. Loughborough Junction is a bohemian neighbourhood centred around the busy Coldharbour Lane. Right outside the station, the street is home to a several small galleries and studios, plus independent coffee shops and bars.