Kingham station is close to the Oxfordshire-Gloucestershire border. So close, in fact, that the small villages it serves are in different counties: Kingham itself is in Oxfordshire, and Bledington in Gloucestershire. Originally opened in 1823 and formerly known as Chipping Norton Junction, the station now runs regular passenger services to London Paddington, Oxford and Worcester; and despite the name change it is still the main station for Chipping Norton residents today, after their own station closed in 1962.
Once voted 'England's Favourite Village' by Country Life magazine, Kingham is a beautiful village of neat stone cottages, surrounded by the rolling countryside of the Cotswolds. It's a sleepy place with a few traditional shops, pubs and tearooms - but the neighbouring village of Bledington is quieter still, with only a part-time village shop and village green, plus a traditional Victorian Maypole.