Crowthorne station first opened in 1859, and serves the village of Crowthorne in Berkshire. The original station was known as Wellington College for Crowthorne, as it was partly funded by the college. It remained in place up until 1928, when the name was shortened to Crowthorne - the station buildings were then subsequently replaced in the 1980s.
Today the station operates a regular service between Redhill and Reading, plus one peak-time service a day heading for Gatwick Airport, with a journey time of one hour and ten minutes.
There's a small cluster of shops and restaurants to the east of the station, but much of the surrounding area is green and open. There are several golf courses, including the East Berkshire Golf Club, whose grounds are a short walk north up Ravenswood Avenue. To reach the small high street head east, but be prepared for a long walk - it's just over a mile away.