Officially opened in 1887, Cromer station, once rather promisingly known as Cromer Beach, serves the centre of the small-but-bustling coastal town of Cromer in Norfolk. A spur off the Norwich-to-Sheringham Bittern Line, the station is the last remaining one of three which have served the town as far back as 1877, outlasting both Cromer High and Cromer Links, which both closed due to a decline in passenger numbers after WWII. Since the town enjoyed a resurgence in more recent years as a commuter hub for Norwich, Cromer is now served by two stations, with Roughton Road, serving the new housing developments on the southern edge of town, opening in 1985.
A popular holiday destination since before WW2, Cromer remains a tourist hotspot to this day. Visitors to the town are spoilt by the number of popular attractions all within walking distance of the station, including the Cromer Museum, the RNLI Museum, the Church of St. Peter and St. Paul, and the Hotel de Paris.