The first trains to Belvedere in South East London arrived in 1859, but passengers today use facilities that were almost entirely rebuilt in the 1990s. Belvedere is on the North Kent Line, with regular westbound services to London Cannon Street via Greenwich and London Bridge, and eastbound services to Dartford, Barnehurst or Crayford, all of which call at neighbouring Erith. There are also peak and weekend services to London Charing Cross.
The neighbourhood around the station is known as a Lower Belvedere and is a mix of industry and residential areas, with a collection of shops close to the railway on Picardy Street. The original village of Belvedere grew up along what is now Nuxley Road, about a fifteen-minute walk south of the station. This is still the heart of Upper Belvedere with many shops, pubs and restaurants, with the Belvedere Recreation Ground nearby on Albert Road.