Arrive at Liverpool Lime Street- the heart of this cosmopolitan city.
The city centre is the perfect start to your day, and you’re slap bang in the middle. Get yourself down to Breakout Liverpool, a live escape room game. You’re locked in a room with your friends for an hour and your job is to solve a series of puzzles and mysteries to escape, searching high and low for clues and work together if you want to escape. Think you can handle it?
After all that palaver, you’ll probably feel peckish. Time to sample the local cuisine.
Top 5 off-the-track places to eat in Liverpool -
- Slims Pork Chop Express – An awesome little place on Seel Street that serve up ribs, burgers, and pulled pork.
- Turtle Bay – You’ve got two Jamaican hubs to choose from – one on Victoria Street and one on Hanover Street. Both serve up jerk spice that’ll jump-start your taste buds.
- Crust Liverpool – If you love Italian, then the fresh pizzas at Crust Liverpool, on Bold Street, will have your mouth watering.
4. Wall of Fame – It’s got The Beatles plastered on the wall, and a huge American flag. It’s a hip place, serving up fabulous food. Spend an evening here and dance along to live band sets.
5. The Clubhouse –This restaurant is still fairly new to the Liverpool One scene. There’s an outdoor bar, which is a huge hit when the sun comes out to play.
Today’s over, but there’s always tomorrow…
Head for the train station; either Liverpool Central or Moorfields and take a 10-minute journey to Kirkdale Station. Welcome to one of the most buzzing areas of the city. Goodison Park, home of Everton Football Club and Anfield, the base for Liverpool Football Club are just a stone’s throw from one another.
Back in the city centre, pick another from our Top 5, then head out to experience some of Liverpool’s nightlife.
Go from Liverpool Central Station and turn up Bold Street, you’ll see the iconic Bombed Out Church staring back at you. We’d recommend visiting Hannah’s Bar, on Leece Street, for trendy cocktails, or the speakeasy bar Berry and Rye, over on Berry Street.
If a fry up is calling this morning, fill your boots with a classic full English or American pancakes and waffles at The Brink, on Parr Street.
Spend today treating yourself, whether that’s shopping, pampering, or both! Rex Liverpool showcases a range of independent brands and start-ups, making it the perfect place to sniff out something original. And when you want a little beauty treatment, look no further than Peaches and Cream or Barber Barber.
There should be enough time to squeeze in some live music and coffee at Leaf, before you head home on the train. Need more inspiration? Our partner, Ticketmaster, has featured Liverpool as one of their city guides, giving you the inside scoop on what to do and where to go.