From May 9th 2019, SNCF is simplifying their fare categories. Changes will be made to rate names, discount cards, and loyalty subscriptions for frequent travellers. These changes affect TGV INOUI and Intercités SNCF journeys. But OUIGO trains remain unaffected.
Four new fares
- Prem’s, the cheapest fare category will become exchangeable and refundable
- Seconde, for second-class tickets
- Première, for first class tickets
- Business Première, the most flexible tickets.
There will no longer be fully flexible tickets in second class, except for customers with a Pro SNCF contract.
Current discount cards
- Carte Enfant+
- Carte Jeune
- Carte Weekend
- Carte Senior+
New discount cards
Existing cards will be replaced by four new Advantage cards
- Carte Avantage Jeune (12 to 27 years old)
- Carte Avantage Week-end* (27 to 59 years old)
- Carte Avantage Famille* (27 to 59 years old)
- Carte Avantage Senior (over 60 years old)
The new discount cards all cost €49 per annum and give you 30% off the price of your tickets, including the exchangeable and refundable Prem’s fare.
All cards allow 3 children (4-11 years) to be included per adult. Children will receive a 60% discount on the ticket price.
* allow you to bring a friend along who can benefit from the same fare, but journeys must be round trips that include at least one weekend night (or be a round-trip journey on a Saturday/Sunday). The Carte Avantage Famille also gives a 15% discount on the SNCF Junior & Cie.
What should I do if I have an old discount card purchased before 9th May?
If you prefer to stick with your current card, nothing will change until it reaches the end of its validity. It will work the same way it does today. However, if you wish to switch to a new card, you have until July 9, 2019 to request the refund of your old card or previous subscription, in proportion to the remaining months of validity. The terms regarding this refund process are still to be confirmed by SNCF.