- Ticket refunds and changes 22 questions
- Ticket types and prices 24 questions
- Train times, delays and disruptions 8 questions
- Getting your ticket 39 questions
- Onboard, seating and at the station 12 questions
- Optional extras 22 questions
- Account and payments 17 questions
- Managing your Business Dashboard 14 questions
- Trainline Europe 10 questions
What can and can't I take on board the train?
cat, dog, luggage, bag, bike, bicycle, cycle, pet, suitcase, screen_reservations, pram, baggage, buggy, pushchair, buggi
Bike space cannot be reserved using our website. If you have not yet made the train booking, we recommend calling our support team, where our travel advisors are able to book train tickets and reserve bike space (where available).
If you have already booked a train ticket then please contact the point of purchase.
Note - not all train operators require you to reserve a space in advance. The best source of information about taking your bike on a train can be found in this cycle by train guide created by National Rail.
You may take up to three items of personal luggage free of charge, this includes two large items (such as suitcases or rucksacks) and one item of smaller hand luggage (such as a briefcase).
Excess luggage and more bulky items (such as skis) may be carried, subject to available space, at an extra charge.
A seat can only be used for luggage if not needed by another passenger.
Most trains have wheelchair spaces where there is room to keep a pushchair unfolded. However if passengers need this space for a wheelchair, this will take priority and you will need to collapse the pushchair and store this in the luggage area.
On most services you may take dogs, cats and other small animals (maximum two per passenger) free of charge, provided they do not endanger or inconvenience passengers or staff. On sleeper services, there may be an additional charge for travelling with pets. Please contact the train operating company you are travelling with for details.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times unless contained in a basket.
- Dogs without leads, cats, birds and small animals must be carried in an enclosed basket, cage or pet carrier.
- Animals and containers must not occupy seats, otherwise a charge will be made.