Get free ride happy
Book through our app between 25 Sep – 5 Nov for the chance to win your money back.
- Download the Trainline app and book any UK train ticket
- If you’re a winner, you’ll hear from us the following week
- And that’s it! 3000+ winners will have their tickets fully reimbursed
- Read the Terms and Conditions
In more detail...
- "Get free ride happy" consists of six weekly prize draws between 25 Sep – 5 Nov
- This prize draw is only available for tickets bought on our app
- Each app booking is a separate entry
- You can enter an unlimited number of times, but win only once
- Winners will be randomly drawn from various price tiers
Full terms and conditions
- This is a series of six free one-week prize draws running from 25/09/17 to 05/11/17 inclusive and is organised by Trainline.com Limited of 120 Holborn, London, EC1N 2TD ("Trainline").
- By entering these prize draws, entrants confirm that they have read and fully understood these terms and agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree with any of these terms, then you should not enter these prize draws. You must be aged 16 or over to enter these prize draws.
- There will be six prize draws. Trainline customers are automatically entered into a weekly prize draw each time that they purchase a train ticket or tickets (either standard or first class) on the Trainline app in each week that there is a prize draw running.
- Customers can only win once. Customers who have won will be excluded from subsequent prize draw weeks.
- Only customers purchasing train ticket(s) on the Trainline app (and not on the Trainline desktop website or mobile website) will be entered.
- Customers will receive an email within 24 hours of completing their booking (the “Entry Confirmation Email”), confirming that they have been entered into the prize draw. This email is in addition to Trainline’s booking confirmation email.
- Customers can choose not to be entered into the prize draws by clicking the “Enter my details to exclude me” link at the bottom of the app overlay the first time that they view the Trainline app between 25/09/17 and 05/11/17, and completing the subsequent in-browser form. Having completed the in-browser form customers can book their train ticket(s) as normal, and will not be entered into any of the weekly prize draws. Alternatively, once entered, entrants can withdraw from the prize draws by completing the “I do not wish to take part in ‘Get free ride happy’ ” in-browser form linked to from the Entry Confirmation Email.
- Each winner will receive a refund of their entire transaction amount. Refunds will be paid in full for the entire transaction amount, and will include any booking fees and credit card fees incurred during the transaction.
- Refunds are for the original transaction amount and will not cover the cost of i) Amendments to flexible tickets or ii) Change of journey on Advance tickets.
- Each prize draw will run for 7 days - from 00:00 Monday to 23:59 Sunday (BST). The entry dates for each prize draw, and the minimum number of winners each week are set out below. Please note that winners will be drawn from within pre-selected transaction value groups, please see paragraphs 12 & 13 below for further details.
i. 25/09/2017 at 00:00 to 01/10/17 at 23:59 (“Week 1”) 709 winners
ii. 02/10/17 at 00:00 to 08/10/17 at 23:59 (“Week 2”) 709 winner
iii. 09/10/17 at 00:00 to 15/10/17 at 23:59 (“Week 3”) 433 winners
iv. 16/10/17 at 00:00 to 22/10/17 at 23:59 (“Week 4”) 433 winners
v. 23/10/17 at 00:00 to 29/10/17 at 23:59 (“Week 5”) 433 winners
vi. 30/10/17 at 00:00 to 05/11/17 at 23:59 (“Week 6”) 433 winners
- A pre-selected number of transactions from within different transaction value groups will be refunded each week. Winners will be drawn at random from all eligible entries received within the transaction value groups. The transaction value means the total value of all of the tickets purchased in one transaction, and associated booking and credit card fees - this could be one or more tickets.
- The table below shows the minimum number of winners that will be selected each week, and which transaction value groups they will be selected from. The transaction value can comprise standard class ticket(s), first class ticket(s) or a combination of both. The transaction value includes the Trainline booking fee and credit card fee. There is no additional charge or cost for the opportunity to enter these prize draws.
Buckets Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 £0 to £25 330 330 185 185 185 185 £26 to £50 220 220 140 140 140 140 £51 to £100 110 110 70 70 70 70 £101 to £150 40 40 30 30 30 30 £150+ 9 9 8 8 8 8 Total no. of winners per week 709 709 433 433 433 433 Total winners: 3150
- The random draws will take place on Monday 2nd Oct, Monday 9th Oct, Monday 16th Oct, Monday 23rd Oct, Monday 30th Oct, Monday 6th Nov.
- Winners will be notified by email within 48 hours of being drawn.
- Refunds will be received up to 4 working days after confirmation of winning. The refund will be processed using the original payment method i.e. debit or credit card/Apple Pay/PayPal.
- All additional costs and expenses associated with the prizes (e.g. travel to the train station and meals on the train) shall be at the expense of the winners.
- The prizes are strictly non-transferable.
- In the unlikely event that the prizes are not available or become unavailable through no fault of Trainline, Trainline reserves the right to substitute prizes which it determines of being of equal value.
- Employees of Trainline, their agencies, their family members or anyone professionally associated with these prize draws are not eligible for entry into these prize draws.
- The decision of Trainline in connection with the prize draws is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You will not be added to any marketing lists as a result of your entry into the Get Free Ride Happy prize draw. The only emails you will receive in relation to the Get Free Ride Happy prize draw will be the Entry Confirmation Email and, if you are a winner, an email informing you that you have won.
- For notification of the name and county of the winners, please write, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope after 20 November 2017 to: Attn: Marketing Team, Trainline.com Limited, 120 Holborn, London, EC1N 2TD.
- Trainline shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for any failure or breach by any party in connection with your entry into these prize draws, or in connection with the prizes. Trainline shall have no liability for the acts or omissions of any third party with respect to these prize draws. To the fullest extent allowed by law, Trainline accepts no responsibility for any loss which is not foreseeable or arises as a result of the use of the prizes. Nothing shall exclude the liability of Trainline for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- Trainline reserves the right to hold void, suspend, change or cancel the promotion at any time.