- Ticket refunds and changes 22 questions
- Ticket types and prices 24 questions
- Train times, delays and disruptions 8 questions
- Getting your ticket 39 questions
- Onboard, seating and at the station 12 questions
- Optional extras 22 questions
- Account and payments 17 questions
- Managing your Business Dashboard 14 questions
- Trainline Europe 10 questions
How do I change my ticket for a different time/day?
Need to get to where you’re going a bit earlier or later than you planned? No problem. Take a look at the type of ticket you’ve got and then see how you can get your journey back on track.
These types of ticket can’t be changed, sorry. But, as they’re flexible tickets, it’s worth double checking to see if they’re not still valid for the new time or date you want to travel. You can always ask at your local train station if you’re not sure.
If can’t just travel with your original ticket, you can cancel your original ticket and buy a new one, for the new time or date that you want. Just check out our FAQ for cancelling bookings.
So long as you stick to the same route, you can change your Advance Single ticket for a different day or time up to 15 minutes before your original train is due to depart. If you chose to print your own tickets you’ll be able to make changes up until 18:00 the night before. Just so you know, we charge a £10.00 fee per ticket, per person.
Before you start, you’ll need to log into your account. Don’t worry if you haven’t got an account with us, it’s easy to set one up here.How to change Advance tickets on our website (desktop or mobile) -
- Click on "My bookings", in the top right corner of our website. You might need to sign in first.
- Find the ticket you’d like to change.
- Click the "Changeable" icon.
- You’ll be taken to a different page on our website to buy a new ticket, for the same route but a different time or date.
- We’ll automatically arrange a refund for your original ticket.
At the moment, you can’t change your Advance tickets on our app. Instead, you can follow the steps above on our website.