- Ticket refunds and changes 22 questions
- Ticket types and prices 24 questions
- Train times, delays and disruptions 8 questions
- Getting your ticket 39 questions
- Onboard, seating and at the station 12 questions
- Optional extras 22 questions
- Account and payments 17 questions
- Managing your Business Dashboard 14 questions
- Trainline Europe 10 questions
Can I take my pet on the train?
Pets, Dogs, Cats, Puppy, Kitten, Parrot, Rabbit, dog
If you’re asking about taking your pets on a Sleeper Service, click here for more information.
Small pets, like dogs and cats can travel with you on the train for free, as long as they don’t annoy other passengers, or put them in danger. You can bring a maximum of two animals per passenger, but you’ll have to keep them on a lead, or comfortable in a closed basket, cage or pet carrier that’s secure, so they can’t escape. If you’re planning on bringing more than two pets, you’ll need to check with the Train Operating Companies directly.
Even if they might do it at home, your pets aren’t allowed to climb on the seats. They’re for paying passengers only.
If you have to take a bus or coach to complete your journey, you’ll need to check if animals are allowed on board.