- Ticket refunds and changes 22 questions
- Ticket types and prices 24 questions
- Train times, delays and disruptions 8 questions
- Getting your ticket 39 questions
- Onboard, seating and at the station 12 questions
- Optional extras 22 questions
- Account and payments 17 questions
- Managing your Business Dashboard 14 questions
- Trainline Europe 10 questions
How do I buy cheap Advance tickets?
Advance tickets are, you guessed it, tickets that are bought in advance. They’re non-refundable Single tickets that are available from 12 weeks before departure, which often makes them cheaper than buying them on the day of travel. Some Train Operating Companies (TOCs) offer Advance tickets for travel on week dates up to 24 weeks in advance.
When the TOCs release Advance Single tickets, they’ll be immediately available to book with us. But, as they’re often in limited supply, they sell out quickly. So, if you find them it’s best to book as soon as possible. You can mix and match two Advance Single tickets to make up a return journey.
Right now, you can find out if there are Advance tickets available for your journey. And, if they’re not, you can sign up to our Ticket Alert and we’ll tell you when they become available.
Sometimes Advance tickets are still available for a route on the date of departure and you can buy these tickets up to two hours before departure. Learn more about how you can save money with Advance tickets on the day.