Off-Peak train times
Did you know that by using our Quick Train Times tool you can view peak, off-peak and super off-peak train times in an instant to help plan your journey and find the right ticket for you?
Off Peak trains offer cheaper tickets for travelling on trains that are less busy. Providing good value for money, these tickets typically require you to travel at certain times of the day, days of the week or via a particular route.
When can I travel using Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak train tickets?
- Off-Peak Single
- You can travel on any off-peak train on the date shown on the ticket.
- Off-Peak Return
- You can travel on any off-peak train. For the outward journey this must be on the date shown on the ticket and for the return journey within one calendar month.
- Off-Peak Day Single / Off-Peak Day Return
- The outward and return journey must be made on the same date as shown on the ticket but on any off-peak train.
- Super Off-Peak tickets
- are for the quietest times of day. They offer the same type of flexibility as off-peak tickets but have further restrictions to travelling at only super off-peak times.
How do I travel at Peak times?
- tickets are fully flexible with no time restrictions so you can travel on any train even at peak times. Use our journey planner to look up all UK train times.
- tickets can be sold for travel on peak or off-peak trains but aren’t flexible. Travel must be on the date, time and train specified on the ticket.
Enter the details of your planned journey into the Train Times tool to find out which trains you can travel on.
You can buy cheap train tickets at thetrainline.com - use the search form on the left.